Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grah! Hit by a car!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 01:41 PM
Nate77
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grah! Hit by a car!

Was crossing an intersection on my way to the ROT Rally yesterday morning when a car making a right hand turn decided they didn't need to look before entering the road. Some good swerving kept me from going over their hood, but my right forward control took some serious damage and my foot is now a lovely, bruised monstrosity.

Ah, well. Got their info and managed to limp the bike to the nearest shop. Insurance is doing its thing now. Whole situation sucks, though. Any other weekend, I might have handled this okay. With a few thousand extra bikes running around town, however, I'm just depressed.

Old 06-12-2010, 01:55 PM
Fatboy Brian
Grand HDF Member
Received 467 Likes on 192 Posts

Glad your not seriously hurt. Sux being without a ride with all the bikes cruising around town.

Old 06-12-2010, 02:15 PM
deepdownrov
Cruiser

Man that sux!!!! I am from Kerrville and am missing the ROT rally due to work. Hope the foot gets better and the ride gets back into shape quick.

Old 06-12-2010, 02:47 PM
capitalist_slave
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Nate77
Was crossing an intersection on my way to the ROT Rally yesterday morning when a car making a right hand turn decided they didn't need to look before entering the road. Some good swerving kept me from going over their hood, but my right forward control took some serious damage and my foot is now a lovely, bruised monstrosity.

Ah, well. Got their info and managed to limp the bike to the nearest shop. Insurance is doing its thing now. Whole situation sucks, though. Any other weekend, I might have handled this okay. With a few thousand extra bikes running around town, however, I'm just depressed.
Coulda been worse, look at it that way.

Hopefully the dumb-**** car-driver learned to look both ways before going into the street.
(a lesson momma should've taught em YEARS ago!)

Old 06-12-2010, 06:26 PM
kevmic28
Road Warrior

Hell man go rent a bike for the weekend. Well if you can even walk that is. My bike is my primary transportation so if anyone hits me they will be paying for a rental.

Old 06-12-2010, 06:41 PM
mrmeanbean74
Tourer

that sucks.glad to here you are alright.could have been alot worse.

Old 06-12-2010, 06:43 PM
brunswickoh
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They made a Right turn in front of you?

Old 06-12-2010, 07:06 PM
valacech
Advanced

Dude, I feel your pain. Some bimbo rear ended me almost three weeks ago and I still don't have my wheels back. It really sucks man. Every time I see someone ride by I get depressed. Glad you're not seriously hurt though.

Old 06-12-2010, 08:11 PM
MikeDCop
Tourer

Originally Posted by Nate77

That sucks. You may want to get that foot x-rayed...there's a lot of bones in there. Glad it wasn't worse.

Old 06-12-2010, 08:15 PM
deepsea
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by capitalist_slave
Coulda been worse, look at it that way.

Hopefully the dumb-**** car-driver learned to look both ways before going into the street.
(a lesson momma should've taught em YEARS ago!)
They never learn. I always expect some jackass on a cell phone to change lanes or turn in front of me. Had some close calls but no wrecks yet.

Quick Reply: Grah! Hit by a car!