Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vance & Hines VS Bassani Sweepers!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 02:56 PM
Knights2TheEnd
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Vance & Hines VS Bassani Sweepers!

It seems like there always has been a contest between V&H and Bassani and I just wanted to find out the opinions from people who ride sportsters and whether they prefer Vance & Hines or Bassani Sweepers. I am also wondering which is louder and any addition information would be great too. Thank you very much and I am looking forward to your responses!

Old 06-10-2010, 09:35 AM
cjmilbur
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Hey Knights2TheEnd, funny to see you on here as well! Since you've seen my videos on You-Tube, you already know that I have the Bassani Sweepers on my bike. I was also torn between deciding which to get at first. But finally went with Bassani simply because I like the shape of the sweepers better. They just look meaner and there's a lot less pipe down there. I love the lines they create on the bike.

However the V&H pipes are sweet as well, so I think it's a personal preference. I feel that the Bassani's are louder, simply because they are straighter and shorter. Mine have baffels in them, but still wake the neighbors! Either way you go, I think you'll be happy, just go with what you like best for your ride when you get it.

Enjoy!

Old 06-10-2010, 11:01 AM
883Persian
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there both great ...
vance and hines is just alot more common since it has many diff types of exhausts ...
for all types of bikes ..

Old 06-10-2010, 11:51 AM
Cpitch
Road Master

i wouldnt buy v&h cuz EVERYBODY HAS THEM. right under v&h is bassani as far as commonality.

Old 06-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Knights2TheEnd
Road Captain

Thank you cjmilbur, 883Persian, and Cpitch for your responses, its helping me out alot. I do agree with all of you, having something different, being more independent , being more of your own individual always has a great feeling behind it and I agree that V&H are more common, and Bassani seems new, different, and it gives you that edge which others notice.
One thing that I really like about Bassani is that they are not driven near the rear tire because I personally believe that over time you will see some type of erosion on the tire from the fumes of the exhaust hitting it all the time.

And yes cjmilbur, i was looking through these forms and then i noticed your name. I stopped, poped up my youtube account and saw that it was you again lol. I saw your name on a different thread and i was about to comment but i didn't wanna seem like a stalker to you haha.

Thank you again EVERYONE!

Oh YES ALMOST FORGOT!

Do the bassani pipes come with the baffles? and do you have to have the baffles installed to make it legal, or will it be too loud?

Last edited by Knights2TheEnd; 06-10-2010 at 03:08 PM.