Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 48 Owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 09:10 AM
Moustache
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 48 Owner

Hey guys and girls, I've been browsing around your site for a few weeks now and have finally decided to register. I bought a 2010 Sportster 48 XL 1200X as my first bike and absolutely love it. I was not much of a Harley Davidson fan until i saw this bike. After first sight i knew i had to have it and wouldnt settle for anything else. After selling my car (1999 Mustang cobra, A car i loved and vowed to never sell) and applying for loans i finally got it and was delivered to my house on May 21st. Since delivery i have put about 80 miles on it riding around in the neighborhoods and backroads around my house. And it has been a blast, i cannot believe i have been missing out on the joys of riding a motorcycle for as long as i have. This is my FIRST bike and until the delivery day i had never driven or even rode pass. on a bike. Thanks to my neighbor (riding for 30+ yrs) i've had alot of success with my first 80 miles EVER and could not be happier.

I have been planning a few mods after reading around on here and getting ideas for what can be done to these bikes. I have ordered a skull gas cap and smoked front turn signals so far. Black Bassani sweeper exhaust wrapped and a screamin eagle heavy breather kit are in the future after my Riders Edge course in 2 weeks. I also painted the lettering on my tires to match the orange Harley Davidson on the tank (got the idea from someone here but do not know who you are, so thanks man!!) and removed the reflectors from the front fork and rear fender.

The riders edge course should be a great learning experience and i cannot wait to see what i will learn from it, I also cannot wait to be nice and legal so that i can expand my riding range.
Some of the other gear i have is a Harley Davidson FXRG leather jacket, Scorpion Modular full-faced helmet, HD riding boots and gloves.

Thanks for reading

Old 06-01-2010, 09:13 AM
Cpitch
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

flippin sweet bike man!

Old 06-01-2010, 09:15 AM
Moustache
Cruiser

BTW If anyone has any advice for a new Owner/Rider I would love to hear it

Thanks again!

Old 06-01-2010, 09:16 AM
beerguz
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome from Calgary. Nice looking bike.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:24 AM
WDHGS
Road Captain

Welcome from Ohio, you're one of only a few out there with the 48! Still haven't seen one on the road yet.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:28 AM
Brennr
Cruiser

congrats on your new scoot. Im sure thers gona be many more enjoyable miles ahead!

Old 06-01-2010, 09:43 AM
Moustache
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Cpitch
flippin sweet bike man!
Originally Posted by beerguz
Welcome from Calgary. Nice looking bike.
Originally Posted by 09WDHGS
Welcome from Ohio, you're one of only a few out there with the 48! Still haven't seen one on the road yet.
Originally Posted by Brennr
congrats on your new scoot. Im sure thers gona be many more enjoyable miles ahead!

Thanks guys, glad to hear that there arent many of these on the road.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:03 AM
scarpetta
Tourer

Grats on the new scoot, the lettering could have been from me I posted some pics after I did it so your welcome if it was me . The only advice i have is to buy the service manual and if you think your up to it wrench it yourself. Ride Safe and welcome to the forum!

Old 06-01-2010, 10:26 AM
Moustache
Cruiser

Originally Posted by scarpetta
Grats on the new scoot, the lettering could have been from me I posted some pics after I did it so your welcome if it was me . The only advice i have is to buy the service manual and if you think your up to it wrench it yourself. Ride Safe and welcome to the forum!
I think it was you, thanks for that one, it really sets off the fat front tire. I decided to only paint the Harley Davidson and not the Dunlop lettering, i may try and wrench a few things myself but i will be having all of my service done at HD. I did all of the work on my cobra but am not familiar with motorcycles what-so-ever so we'll see what i can and cannot do soon enough.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:00 PM
northern64
Road Master
Received 65 Likes on 29 Posts

advice?........cut up your debit and credit cards....your gonna want to use em!

Quick Reply: New 48 Owner