Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey, Is that a Dyna?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 12:09 PM
jbrews
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hey, Is that a Dyna?

Dyans are way behind the sportster in years of production but I don't think it detracts from their quality. You are right, they are both great bikes!
ORIGINAL: WarriorHD

ORIGINAL: whaap

I had to laugh. I'm also in trouble with the Dyna group. I told the original poster that he should have just told the guy that his was the slower one.

LOL...I saw that Whaap. Thing is, Im not trying to cause trouble or mock but rather just "stir" the pot a little. Both bikes are SWEET and I love them both. Wish I could have one of every model HD makes. I just found the comments interesting for the most part. They are both Harley's and they are both special in their own ways. True, the Sporty's got over 50 years of heritage and tradition behind it and if I am not mistaking, the Dyna is not far behind but I would never say one is better than the other. They are both great bikes.....

Old 08-16-2006, 12:47 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I can't think of a Harley that I don't like. They just make one hell of a nice bike.

Old 08-17-2006, 01:40 PM
ionate
Road Captain

I dunno... I think I would rather have someone mistaken my bike for a different kind of a harley than for a Honda.

Then again, ride whatever you have - it's better than nothing!

Old 08-17-2006, 01:56 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: ionate

I dunno... I think I would rather have someone mistaken my bike for a different kind of a harley than for a Honda.

Then again, ride whatever you have - it's better than nothing!

What's interesting is that almost every motorcycle manufacturer has at least one model (usually 10 or more) that has purposely been made to look like a "Harley Clone".

Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, and everyone else....

And from a distance many times it's difficult to tell the Harley Look-A-Likes from the real thing, as they try to make them look and sound as close to a Harley as possible.

Hopefully HD won't stoop to the level of producing Honda, Yamaha, or Suzuki "Clones"..

Old 08-17-2006, 07:01 PM
ionate
Road Captain

Good point.

It's not surprising at all to know that the metrics companies are out there trying to model their bikes to look like Harleys.

Now what does that tell you??!

(Although I confess - I do have one metric bike - a 1984 Yamaha YZ125 dirtbike.

Old 08-17-2006, 09:19 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

And it's even funnier to see the owners of these bikes remove the badging so you really can't tell if it's a Harley or not. There are quite a few out there that are total rip off of the Heritage, Fat Boy and Deluxe....Still, none of them look anything like a Sportster 1200C, 883C or the Roadsters....

ORIGINAL: ionate

It's not surprising at all to know that the metrics companies are out there trying to model their bikes to look like Harleys.

Old 08-18-2006, 11:55 AM
scubabike420
Cruiser

I'm new to the Harley scene, but I was aware of the "chick bike" label the sporty has before i bought mine. So my question is what about the sporty makes it deserving of the chick bike label?

Old 08-18-2006, 12:38 PM
stevegray
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: scubabike420

I'm new to the Harley scene, but I was aware of the "chick bike" label the sporty has before i bought mine. So my question is what about the sporty makes it deserving of the chick bike label?
Women usually buy the 883 low, because it is a smaller engine and since it is low their feet can touch the ground, so when they want a Harley the 883 low is the natural choice.

Old 08-18-2006, 12:41 PM
Mrkicks
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I think it has to do with the built in chrome tampon dispenser.
ORIGINAL: scubabike420

Old 08-18-2006, 01:29 PM
scubabike420
Cruiser

On the customs the tampon dispenser is wrinkle black.

Quick Reply: Hey, Is that a Dyna?