Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who's in? Sportster Run!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010 | 08:38 PM
moto monkee
|
Cruiser

RIDE CANCELED!!! Sorry, guys! Unless someone else wants to pick up the torch, THE RIDE IS CANCELED! I went up there today to check on the route and gas up points to make sure that we have a flawless ride on Sunday...then, The Good Son went down. I'm perfectly fine, but the bike has some minor casualties. I actually rode it to the shop, but it won't be ready for this weekend. I'm very sorry, but it was a beautiful 40 mile ride this morning. You guys should still go. You have all the info and I'll set another one up on the next Sunday...if all is good. I'll post a separate damage report.

Old 05-26-2010 | 08:44 PM
Notorious688
Road Master

Oh man... sorry to hear that. Sounds like the damage isn't that bad if you can get it running in 2 weeks. Hey, if your buddy buys my bike by Saturday, he can lend it to you for the ride.

Old 05-26-2010 | 10:11 PM
moto monkee
|
Cruiser

Notorious, you should pick up the torch. The ride is set, I'm so bummed.

Old 05-27-2010 | 08:27 PM
Notorious688
Road Master

I have no torches... who's still in for this? I have no idea of the route. Haven't gone up to ACH since the fires.

Old 05-27-2010 | 10:20 PM
moto monkee
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Notorious688
I have no torches... who's still in for this? I have no idea of the route. Haven't gone up to ACH since the fires.
Here's the directions from Pasadena. 210 West, exit Sunland, make a right off the exit. Go all the way until the road curves right then make a left on Mt. Gleason. Go through the residential area(tons of stop signs). Follow the road until you hit the fork, go up on the left road(NOT DOWN). Follow the road around until you hit a main road that only turns left or right. Turn right and watch out for the rough road for a quarter mile, then its smooth sailing about 8 to 9 miles up. Make a right onto a bridge and enter the mountain road for 8 more miles. Make a left at the "T" intersection and ride up the curvy mountain road for another 10 miles. Left at the "Y" intersection(there will be a sign that says Newcomb's Ranch with an arrow. Follow that road pass the tunnel and head up for another 10 miles. You'll see it on the left side. Huge parking lot, log cabin style restaurant, and me crying at home while you guys are there.

If all goes as planned, I'll be up for this ride next Sunday, 06.06.10. Let me know if you guys are down for that. Same meeting place, same time, and I will be there if my bike is ready.

Old 05-27-2010 | 11:58 PM
Notorious688
Road Master

I think I have been up that route a few times, but I always go on the front side up from Jay's Shell... not really familiar with this side. Anyone else feel comfortable with this?

Old 05-28-2010 | 10:45 AM
whatwhat
Advanced

SOMEONE PICK UP THE TORCH! Let's do this !

Old 05-28-2010 | 12:58 PM
el campito
Cruiser
Default ride

take pictures of the ride

have fun

keep us informed

Old 05-28-2010 | 09:49 PM
moto monkee
|
Cruiser

Went to see my bike today at the shop after the tear down to estimate the damage. Semi minor, but the exhaust and the bars will be the most work. I asked Jake if he could put it together just for Sunday and he looked like he wanted to murder me, so I'll settle for next Saturday. Parts will go out for powder coat on Tuesday and should be back by Friday and I should be riding it home on Saturday night. If nobody picks up the torch, let's do this ride NEXT SUNDAY. If I'm on the road, I'm down. Sorry, guys for bummin' everyone out. I was real excited for this ride. Let me know about next Sunday and if you guys are up for it, I will update this post to when the bike will be ready. I think you all should go and say "What's up!" to Derrick the bartender and tell him that I ate **** the day he saw me.

Old 05-29-2010 | 04:57 AM
Notorious688
Road Master

yippee!

Quick Reply: Who's in? Sportster Run!!!