Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Orange 48......black or chrome exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 11:36 AM
superpeebone
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Orange 48......black or chrome exhaust?

Having second thoughts on the pipes....need advice.....orange 48, ordered black V&H short shots but thinking chrome might look better.....all other using #1 black and chrome derby and timer covers.......what do you guys think

black or chrome exhaust

Old 05-14-2010, 11:54 AM
sibba
5th Gear

The bike would look awesome with the black exhaust! Its gonna look very clean with the blacked out engine and rear fender. And when you combine it with the Harley orange tank it will be badass

Old 05-14-2010, 12:04 PM
badger1984
Tourer

Black...although I'm not a chromophile like some people.

Old 05-14-2010, 12:08 PM
kahaone
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Chrome.....although I am not a blackophile like some other people.

Old 05-14-2010, 02:53 PM
mwegryn
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Tough call with that color. Chrome is classic, but black would give it that old school bobber look, which I think is the vision Harley had when they designed the bike.

Old 05-14-2010, 04:08 PM
veritas.archangel
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

One of each.

Old 05-14-2010, 04:30 PM
krs1
Advanced

Maybe it's just me but I don't understand why every guy with a Nightster, Iron, and now the 48 wants short shots. I'm sure they are fine pipes but to me they look so bland not to mention the simple fact that everyone has them makes them a total turnoff for me. I've considered the V&H Side Shots for my new black 48 but even then I feel like they are just way too common to go out and pay good money for. This is also probably why I still have no idea what kind of pipes I want to throw on my bike

I'm not saying that I wan't something completely unique and trying to be a snob or anything (I did just go out and buy a production bike) I just don't want more originality in whatever pipes I do wind up getting. Obviously though that is just one man's opinion.

Old 05-14-2010, 04:44 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by krs1
Maybe it's just me but I don't understand why every guy with a Nightster, Iron, and now the 48 wants short shots. I'm sure they are fine pipes but to me they look so bland not to mention the simple fact that everyone has them makes them a total turnoff for me. I've considered the V&H Side Shots for my new black 48 but even then I feel like they are just way too common to go out and pay good money for. This is also probably why I still have no idea what kind of pipes I want to throw on my bike

I'm not saying that I wan't something completely unique and trying to be a snob or anything (I did just go out and buy a production bike) I just don't want more originality in whatever pipes I do wind up getting. Obviously though that is just one man's opinion.
It is getting that way with Softails and Big Radius pipes

Old 05-14-2010, 04:50 PM
veritas.archangel
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by krs1

I feel the same way with all the Nightster/Irons that have drag bars, flipped mirrors and relocated speedos. And to make things worse, now HD themselves are flipping the mirrors with the 48. Ugh. It's hard to be original anymore.

Old 05-14-2010, 06:21 PM
sibba
5th Gear

well, i agree with you on the subjekt of everybody having V&H turns down the "coolfactor" a little bit.
But they are good looking pipes though. So no wonder everybody has them!

Quick Reply: Orange 48......black or chrome exhaust?