Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi from Vancouver Island

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 02:44 AM
DORKTHEA
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi from Vancouver Island

Hey,
Just joined this site here from Nanaimo, B.C. I became the proud owner of an 05 883 XL Low in March. I was hoping to find some good ideas on customizing it. I find it a great ride for me and easy to handle. I went on several rides without a windshield (have one now) also found that I needed to put new grips on to keep down the vibrations. Does anybody have any pictures with a fatter tank on theirs so I can get a visual.
Well hope to talk to many of you soon.
Peace

Old 08-11-2006, 02:48 AM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 708 Likes on 340 Posts
Default RE: Hi from Vancouver Island

Hey, Welcome from Toronto. I used to live on he mainland in Whiterock (yeah, I know why did I move back to T.O.???) and scuba dive at least once a year on the island. Welcome to the site! Lot's of great people here.

Old 08-11-2006, 02:52 AM
Qball
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome from Rhode Island.

Old 08-12-2006, 11:05 PM
Big Cholla
Road Warrior

Dee: Welcome to the forum. I would like your advise; I have been fascinated by Vancouver Island ever since I visited Victoria on business about 20 years ago. I and my wife would like to explore the island's paved roads on our Road King Classic the middle of next summer. I have been looking at all the web sites relating to tourism on the island and have pretty much made up my mind to make the trip. Any advise? Any place to avoid? Any place to not miss that I can reach on the H-D? Any paved roads to the West Coast? Any preference to the month of July? August? September? ... Big Cholla

Old 08-13-2006, 04:07 AM
DORKTHEA
Stage III

Hey Big Cholla,
If you are coming in September it might rain more so bring the gear. There are many paved roads to some fascinating places all around the island. You can get to Long Beach nicely and its a beautiful trip, you might want to check out places and make reservations however cause it is still in tourist season. My husband just found out about an interesting sounding road trip with lots of scenery up around Campbell River and apparently they have an inn or b&b that caters to riders. Another trip that would be nice is to Port Hardy which is North Island. However there are lots of great places to ride in the South as well out of Victoria. This is a great Island for riding and road tripping. If you are coming for sure perhaps we can ride together for an afternoon. Hope that helps.
Peace

Old 08-13-2006, 04:40 AM
83ironhead
Cruiser

welcome to the forum from whidbey island!!!

Old 08-13-2006, 07:42 PM
Big Cholla
Road Warrior

Dee: Thanks for the reply and the invite. We will keep you informed of our plans. It looks like August, 2007......Vancouver Island........Be There, or Be Square! ...........Big Cholla

ps; need the name or web site for that b & b................ Thanks again.

Old 12-17-2006, 04:00 PM
big v
Intermediate

hey im in parksville just got a 05 1200 custom but havent been out a loy cause of weather has been nasty.im itchin to ride.im gonna add the taillight module to add more atention to myself for safety.i also have a windshield its great.happy ridin and theres a lot to explore here.

Old 12-17-2006, 04:42 PM
olesalt
Tourer

Welcome to the forum.......from Shreveport, Louisiana. Currently 78 and partly sunny. Ooops! Gotta go, hear the roada callin'.

Olesalt

Old 12-17-2006, 05:12 PM
HDHornet
Road Warrior

Welcome from Port Colborne, Ontario.

Quick Reply: Hi from Vancouver Island