Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Few mods to the 2010 Iron 883 Eh !

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 02:31 PM
joeldenomy
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few mods to the 2010 Iron 883 Eh !

Hey everyone,

Just finished slappin on some new mods to the 883N last night - took about 3 hours with quite a few beers and some buddies to finish them - its the canadian version of the bike so you'll notice the stock sportster rear fender with the tail light and license plate on it

Got the slimline spring seat from licks, as well as the wide drag bars from licks - the seat was a bit of a bitch to assemble, tryin to get the washers and nuts through the springs and then tighten them - seat looks great i think, it seems high quality, feels alright when riding as well - just dont know if i trust it cause of the way it went on the bike - just gotta make a cover for wiring under the seat, shouldn't be too hard

The drag bars were a breeze to install - i thought they were going to give me trouble, took about 25 mins to install them - after searching a lot of forums around the net I assumed it was going to be more complicated than it was - everything came off the old bars really easily and then just straight on the new ones

Then i finally decided to slap on the V&H shortshots after months of looking for something that wasnt so popular - but the shortshots look great i must say, and they sound phenomenal - got the quiet baffles in them and they are still quite loud and have a fantastic tone. I also read a lot about these, cause i have heard a lot of mixed things about whether or not you need to remap the ECM when you install pipes - i said eff it and just installed them, bike runs great so far, no problems whatsoever, no backfiring shes running and sounding great - gonna throw on a heavy breather in a week or so, I'll get the ECM remapped when i install it.

anyways, any feedback would be greatly appreciate! S
So much great information in these forums, thanks to everyone for that!

Cheers eh!

JD

Attached Thumbnails Few mods to the 2010 Iron 883 Eh !-img_0607.jpg   Few mods to the 2010 Iron 883 Eh !-img_0606.jpg  
Old 04-15-2010, 03:38 PM
veritas.archangel
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

So my question is this. What's the price difference between the Iron and the 883 Low in Canada? Hope it's not too much since the Canadian Iron looks like simply a blacked out Low. It's the fender/taillight/side-mount plate that really makes the Nightster/Iron.

At least it don't look like an off-roader like the Brits get.

Old 04-15-2010, 03:39 PM
veritas.archangel
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

That question aside, I like what you've done.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:52 PM
joeldenomy
Intermediate

couldn't tell ya how much the 883L goes for up here - it does look pretty similar though, i'll give you that !
thanks for the reply

Old 04-15-2010, 08:02 PM
tandt
Cruiser

Nice work Canada. The seat looks great! The drag bars look good too. May I suggest a lay-down plate holder, if you're going to keep the rear end as it is. Same issue on my Canadian Nightster...

Prices around here for an Iron are a bit higher than an 883 low, depending on paint/options. Dealers seem to be selling the Iron pretty fast - only know of one dealer around that even has an 883.

Old 04-15-2010, 08:10 PM
joeldenomy
Intermediate

good call on the lay down plate holder - i think i'll look into that - for now i plan to keep the fender as is, i don't mind the look of it too much!

im also interested in the speedo and headlight mount that they put on the forty-eight - anyone heard anything on when these might be available to order???

cheers fellas

Old 04-15-2010, 08:30 PM
Nighty09
Cruiser

lookin good! So why do you get the big rear fender in Canada... and more importantly is it illegal to chop it?

Old 04-15-2010, 08:41 PM
joeldenomy
Intermediate

has something to do with the Ontario DOT regs - I think it has more to do with the brake light and license plate than the fender itself, but not 100% sure - either way, i don't think the fuzz would have a clue either

Old 04-15-2010, 10:24 PM
lilbruce
Road Master

nice looking bike welcome to the forums too

Old 04-15-2010, 10:27 PM
beerguz
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good.

Quick Reply: Few mods to the 2010 Iron 883 Eh !