Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Few mods to the 2010 Iron 883 Eh !

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 10:47 PM
not_so_newb
Elite HDF Member
Received 824 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by veritas.archangel
So my question is this. What's the price difference between the Iron and the 883 Low in Canada? Hope it's not too much since the Canadian Iron looks like simply a blacked out Low.
just had a look at the canadian HD website , and it's about $1200 more for the Iron . interesting to note , the photos show the side mount plate . i think i'd be a bit dissapointed if i ordered one unseen and it arrived with the fender mounted plate

Old 04-16-2010, 12:23 AM
veritas.archangel
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by not_so_newb
just had a look at the canadian HD website , and it's about $1200 more for the Iron . interesting to note , the photos show the side mount plate . i think i'd be a bit dissapointed if i ordered one unseen and it arrived with the fender mounted plate
So, they charge you $1200 more for what is basically a blacked out Low. What a rip.

Old 04-16-2010, 09:09 AM
joeldenomy
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by not_so_newb
i think i'd be a bit dissapointed if i ordered one unseen and it arrived with the fender mounted plate
i guess thats why you don't order one 'unseen'

Old 04-16-2010, 09:33 PM
HarleyScuba
Grand HDF Member
Received 125 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by veritas.archangel
So, they charge you $1200 more for what is basically a blacked out Low. What a rip.

There's a crap-load more powdercoating on an Iron than an 883 Low. Is it 1000 bucks worth? Probably not. The balance is made up by supply and demand. It's always all about the money.
I'm diggin' the full rear fender and spring seat. There's a lay-down tail light available in red or smoked, too. Looks good with a lay-down license plate, but I'm biased:

A telephone pole is about the right radius for the plate. Your factory bracket taken apart , cut and new holes drilled in it makes a nice mount. I used a 10 dollar chrome license frame with big-*** acorn nuts.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:58 PM
RKKY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks great! My next scoot is going to be an Iron. Almost grabbed one that came into the dealership yesterday. By the time I walked up front to talk to the GM a customer had already bought it. Already starting planning a few mods for mine. Forward controls and a big bore kit (with pipes and a/c) are first up. Haven't decided what's after that.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:38 AM
Nonstop
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good. Can't even import an Iron/Nightster now without doing the rear fender like that.

I just squeaked by when I got mine imported into Canada. I've never had an issue with the cops either.

Old 04-17-2010, 06:52 PM
motorunner
Intermediate

Looks great!

Excellent job on the drag bars - seat is cool too!

Old 04-17-2010, 07:34 PM
bmna2004
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice looking bike. Nice job on the install.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:50 AM
Mich
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I just purchased a new 883 iron here in Canada and I was disappointed and surprised that the bike on the Canadian website is not the bike that is delivered to canadian customers. Of course I did not find out about these differences until days after I put my deposit on the bike. My local HD dealer did not have any Irons on the floor and they did not inform me of the differences between the US and Canadian versions. The Canadian version comes with the regular Sportster fender, the huge, ugly taillight and fender mounted license plate.

I complained directly to Deeley HD Canada and my dealer about this website issue, which I consider to be deceptive marketing on HD Canada part. My dealer had no brochures, no bikes to look at, so the Canadian website was my main source of information. Of course, they have a nice little disclaimer saying that bikes may vary visually by market to cover their butts.

I am still waiting for my new Denim Black Iron and should get it within 2 weeks. My first order of business will be getting that ugly fender chopped and putting a led strip brake light under the rear fender.

I should add, the bike was $8779 Canadian plus taxes, freight and document fee.

Last edited by Mich; 08-06-2011 at 10:56 AM.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:30 AM
JuniorNasty
Road Captain

There are so many laws for bikes that even the cops are confused. I chopped mine and placed in the running lights module to have the rear indicators as lights and indicators. I also installed a side plate with brake light to put chances on my side. Passed cops a few times and even got stopped but they were more concerned of my slightly louder than stock exhaust

Quick Reply: Few mods to the 2010 Iron 883 Eh !