Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Red Mistress has a windshield now

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 08:47 PM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks just fine Liz. I took the small Tombstone shield off my Softy a while back and I'm starting to miss it. Looks are one thing but practicality and function trump it.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:48 PM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 13thBama
So YOUR the person I lost that ebay bid to . JK. Windshield looks great! Ive been looking for one but just have not found one for a price I am comfortable with.
I got it a few months ago and it has sat in the living room. It was cheap BUT I did have to buy the docking kit and that was almost $70. Still was a good deal but not as good as I thought.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:49 PM
lilbruce
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like it, it looks nice! I need to get one for mine for those long rides and then when Im at home I can take it off...

Old 04-04-2010, 08:52 PM
wanabe
Road Warrior

thats the next thing on my list for my redster too, so i am glad to see how good it looks.
nice going-
after you have had it out on the big road a few times let us know how it went...

Old 04-05-2010, 11:35 AM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member

What a difference. Took the red mistress out for about 80 miles on highway (my house to Baltimore on BW parkway and back). The highway did not beat me up at all. And the weirdest thing is it helped my knees that take a lot of abuse on the highway as well. The thing is staying. Didn't bother me as far as sightline ect. I could easily see how that would make such a difference in a long highway ride for fatigue. It makes me a whimp then I am a smart whimp.

Old 04-05-2010, 11:48 AM
sucherman
Club Member
Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

Put shield and bags on my Deuce for trips, not so much around town. Not into profiling, into riding.........Looks good, better with you on it...........te heeeeeeeeee

Old 04-05-2010, 12:02 PM
MechsHands
Road Captain

Originally Posted by lizdc
What a difference. Took the red mistress out for about 80 miles on highway (my house to Baltimore on BW parkway and back). The highway did not beat me up at all. And the weirdest thing is it helped my knees that take a lot of abuse on the highway as well. The thing is staying. Didn't bother me as far as sightline ect. I could easily see how that would make such a difference in a long highway ride for fatigue. It makes me a whimp then I am a smart whimp.
Looks great Liz. I agree with ya though the windshield is a wonderful thing on longer trips. I got mine and I refuse to take it off LOL. Besides I look at all the bugs the shield catches and smile realizing they aren't on me

I like my shield so much that I am looking at options for my vrod and have it waiting for the day that I bring it home.

And yeah enjoy what ya like and screw what anyone else says unless they are buying it all for ya.

MH

Old 04-05-2010, 12:06 PM
bksmoky
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Liz--with that windshield you have even more reason to use the coveted Lemon Pledge!

Less wind is also good for your skin. That's why I look so young for my age on an Ultra!!! LOL

Old 04-05-2010, 12:22 PM
fixedmlc
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks good. And glad to read the function is what you were looking for.

My old old bubble style windshield is on right now. Protects me from the sand and chilly wind blasts. When warmer temps and cleaner roads come, I'll take it off.

Old 04-05-2010, 12:24 PM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by bksmoky
Liz--with that windshield you have even more reason to use the coveted Lemon Pledge!

Less wind is also good for your skin. That's why I look so young for my age on an Ultra!!! LOL

Someone explain the lemon pledge thing ???? Seems crazy ....

Yes wind isn't great for skin.. That is actually one of the reasons I have a full face .. That and neither is gravel.

Quick Reply: The Red Mistress has a windshield now