Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Fighter Fairing/Headlight Fairing?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 12:33 PM
Razorback Rob
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Street Fighter Fairing/Headlight Fairing?????

You guys know what Im talking about right? Do they do anything? Im seeing more and more bikes with them. Are they for looks only or do they actually act as some kind of wind shield? Do any of you think S.A.M.C.R.O. is responsible for this fad? The look is growing on me. I think it looks good on certain bikes. Someone had some pics of his Iron or Nightster on here with one. It looked real good. Thanks.

Old 03-14-2010, 12:36 PM
themac5150
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No clue what you're talking about...

Old 03-14-2010, 12:39 PM
themac5150
Cruiser

Actually, which one are you talking about? Jax's bike? Arlen Ness style. Clay's bike? HD quarter fairing. The type like mine? HD headlight visor. Those that have the HD quarter fairing report that it does block wind from the chest at speed. I want to try one, but nothing to do with the show, comfort at higher cruising speeds.

My type has minimal wind blocking effects, and then it's only at interstate speeds. I like it because the speedo is out of sight.

Last edited by themac5150; 03-14-2010 at 12:43 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:01 PM
Razorback Rob
Road Captain

Originally Posted by themac5150
Actually, which one are you talking about? Jax's bike? Arlen Ness style. Clay's bike? HD quarter fairing. The type like mine? HD headlight visor. Those that have the HD quarter fairing report that it does block wind from the chest at speed. I want to try one, but nothing to do with the show, comfort at higher cruising speeds.

My type has minimal wind blocking effects, and then it's only at interstate speeds. I like it because the speedo is out of sight.
The kind on yout Iron is the one I'm curious about.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:17 AM
ironman09
Stage I
Default Cafe fairing

Hey Themac5150 I have been looking for the fairing like yours for my iron and was wandering where you got yours or if it is the Night rod fairing. Thanks.

Old 03-23-2010, 01:01 PM
MATTYB185
Advanced

Originally Posted by Razorback Rob
You guys know what Im talking about right? Do they do anything? Im seeing more and more bikes with them. Are they for looks only or do they actually act as some kind of wind shield? Do any of you think S.A.M.C.R.O. is responsible for this fad? The look is growing on me. I think it looks good on certain bikes. Someone had some pics of his Iron or Nightster on here with one. It looked real good. Thanks.
I have always liked the fairing on the old sportsters but I never thought it would look nice on the DYNAs. I must admit that it is growing on me as well.

Old 03-23-2010, 06:58 PM
bolillo57
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ironman09
Hey Themac5150 I have been looking for the fairing like yours for my iron and was wandering where you got yours or if it is the Night rod fairing. Thanks.
Got mine at the dealers
HD part #68129-98DH Headlamp Visor, Vivid Black $214.95 (under $200 for the primed visor)
Next is the chin spoiler.
I went vivid black just for the contrast and too be a bit different
The gap between the headlight and the visor has been adjusted - what a pain that was. Other than that I like the look, plus gets lots of looks from other peaple trying to figure out where it came from. Some one asked if it came off a Dyna looking in the catalog I see they use the same part# sdo it is interchangable. As for wind protection, don't fool yourself thinking it will do anything near a windshield but I did notice it did help smooth out some of the air hitting the chest.

Attached Thumbnails Street Fighter Fairing/Headlight Fairing?????-visor-001.jpg   Street Fighter Fairing/Headlight Fairing?????-visor-002.jpg   Street Fighter Fairing/Headlight Fairing?????-visor-003.jpg   Street Fighter Fairing/Headlight Fairing?????-visor-005.jpg   Street Fighter Fairing/Headlight Fairing?????-visor-006.jpg  

Old 03-24-2010, 09:46 AM
nciron883
Cruiser

im banking on samcro being the reason behind this recent influx of the smaller fairing. i personally think they look good and was thinking about going with a quarter fairing because im not a fan of windshields on the irons but i actually want it to be efffective so i will probably be going with a shorty windshield.

but that visor looks really sleek on there and i love the fact that it hides the speedo ... + a billion on that

Old 03-24-2010, 10:45 AM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I love the looks of the HD visor on the N's but for a bike like mine with tons of chrome I don't think it would look right. I have the stock duel speedo and tach set up and they stand stright up since I have the pull back risers so hiding them would be cool.

Old 03-24-2010, 11:26 AM
themac5150
Cruiser

Originally Posted by bolillo57
Got mine at the dealers
HD part #68129-98DH Headlamp Visor, Vivid Black $214.95 (under $200 for the primed visor)
Next is the chin spoiler.
I went vivid black just for the contrast and too be a bit different
The gap between the headlight and the visor has been adjusted - what a pain that was. Other than that I like the look, plus gets lots of looks from other peaple trying to figure out where it came from. Some one asked if it came off a Dyna looking in the catalog I see they use the same part# sdo it is interchangable. As for wind protection, don't fool yourself thinking it will do anything near a windshield but I did notice it did help smooth out some of the air hitting the chest.
There should be 2 sets of spacers in the mounting kit, one for dynas one for xls. The spacers that go between the headlight brow and visor bracket. The instructions are wrong, it is known, I read about it and was prepared before mine even arrived. Use the spacers listed on the instructions for the DYNA and you will NOT have that unsightly gap.

Quick Reply: Street Fighter Fairing/Headlight Fairing?????