Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Fighter Fairing/Headlight Fairing?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 12:04 PM
bolillo57
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Went to the Hooter's in Fredericksburg VA for thier bike show didn't really plan to enter but I did and at the end of the day I got a trophy.
Pretty cool surprise!

Attached Thumbnails Street Fighter Fairing/Headlight Fairing?????-hooters-bike-show-033.jpg   Street Fighter Fairing/Headlight Fairing?????-hooters-bike-show-028.jpg   Street Fighter Fairing/Headlight Fairing?????-hooters-bike-show-013.jpg  
Old 06-04-2010, 11:31 PM
83XLX
Road Warrior
Received 642 Likes on 229 Posts

Pretty cool! What did you win the trophy for?

Old 06-05-2010, 12:16 PM
bolillo57
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 83XLX
Pretty cool! What did you win the trophy for?
The trophy was for "Best Sportster 883" there were some really cool sporties there, mine was the only Iron. I now get to mess with a guy at work that has a really sharp Yamaha and I mess with him now with the "hey look at this, I have a trophy" I have to take advantage of this now as i'm sure he'll get one eventually and it won't have the same effect.

Old 06-12-2010, 12:50 AM
RandyDowdy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought this type of fairing off of fleabay. I have no mounting brackets, just he two plexiglass fairings. Can someone post a side pic that shows the mounts? So i know what I need to but? I am putting it on a 99 883 Sporty, hopefully. Speedo is on fat bob tank with console. I have the brand new fairing pieces, I may sell them If I can't mount them.

Thanks guys.

Old 06-15-2010, 02:10 PM
tradarcher
Intermediate
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Here's mine

This is a 1996. I bought it new and took the tank and fairing off my 1988 and moved it over to this bike when I bought it. Ness was big back then and I was inspired to build this bike after seeing the bike he built for Metzler. I probably would not have ever gotten it to this point had I not found the fairing used from an acquaintance. I put a lot of money in this bike (got a lot back when I sold it) trying to get it to look like anything but a sportster. I just couldn't get over the girl's bike stigma. This was all done back in the infancy of the internet. I didn't get much help with it.
The PO used center mount headlight brackets but they wouldn't work on mine because of the 39mm tubes. I ended up using the blinker standoffs on the top tree to mount it. To clear the fairing I needed to use pullback risers from a softail with the stock bars and a flat billett dual gauge mount. The bike was lowered and at some angles it looked pretty mean. The trophy was for 2nd place I believe.

Attached Thumbnails Street Fighter Fairing/Headlight Fairing?????-ness-sporty.jpg  
Old 06-16-2010, 04:00 AM
fastkevin
Tourer

Originally Posted by Razorback Rob
You guys know what Im talking about right? Do they do anything? Im seeing more and more bikes with them. Are they for looks only or do they actually act as some kind of wind shield? Do any of you think S.A.M.C.R.O. is responsible for this fad? The look is growing on me. I think it looks good on certain bikes. Someone had some pics of his Iron or Nightster on here with one. It looked real good. Thanks.
This is a "street-fighter" headlight set up..I originally used it on a Naked ZX10 I built, then put one on my XR(the white background peels off). I don't think it'd look very good at all on the bike in your pic. I don't think any 'street-fighter' set up would...but it's not my bike either.

Attached Thumbnails Street Fighter Fairing/Headlight Fairing?????-003.jpg   Street Fighter Fairing/Headlight Fairing?????-004.jpg  

Last edited by fastkevin; 06-16-2010 at 04:02 AM.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:19 PM
LilRaRa
Intermediate

S.O.A. def. has an effect. From what I hear though, the high T-bars and headlight/ 1/4 fairings have been popular in Cali for a while... the show just showed everybody else how cool it looks.

I hate to jump on board with a fad ... from Cali to boot (j/k Arnold), but I really like the way they look and I think it would look sick on my FXDX. $200 just seems ridiculously expensive for such a small visor. I know it's HD, but c'mon.

Old 09-20-2011, 01:57 PM
83XLX
Road Warrior
Received 642 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by 83XLX
Thanks for the props, everyone. I'm looking for an old Corbin gunfighter seat for it, and then I'll just about have it the way I want it.

Well, I got a Mustang Fastback instead of the Corbin, but otherwise, it's about finished in this format. Traded the chrome mirrors for black, chrome fender struts for dull aluminum, chrome chain guard for black, chrome air cleaner for a modded one.

Old 09-20-2011, 06:58 PM
Sikk50
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love these cafe racer fairings, but I don't want to get one bc I don't need the extra attention from cops. Here's the thing, SOA deffanatly brought a lot of attention to these fairings, but they copied the style from the HA clubs here in Santa Barbara and Ventura. If you search you'll find one of the directors of the show saying just that. Around here cops are drawn to these fairings like a moths to a light. With most the local clubs not wearing colors often in public the last couple years here it's one of the few things that cops see as a probable sign of a club member. That's just here though, I dot know anywhere else.