Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Type of Motorcycle Glasses You Rock'n

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 12:07 PM
blacknight85
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool What Type of Motorcycle Glasses You Rock'n

What's up All,

I know you guys are tired of hearing the "What you Rock'n " threads but i would appreciate it if you guys would give me some feed back. I did search the forum but didn't really get much from it.

Well here goes, when I bought my bike I got some pretty cheap performance glasses from the stealership that worked ok but now I'm wanting to get somthing that actually works (performance wise), mabey some transition lenes that I wouldn't have to change when it gets dark. I'm not to fund of the googles but open to any suggestions, so if you could please post links where you got them.

Thanks in Advance!!

Old 03-10-2010, 12:35 PM
DocHoliday06
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have Oakley Half Jackets, w/ Red-orange Iridium Polarized lenses and Black Iridium Polarized lenses both of these for either a really bright day, or kinda sunny. Yellows lenses for riding at night, makes everything way brighter with out distractions. They are great, they cup my eyes enough so that wind doesn't cause my eyes to water.

Last edited by DocHoliday06; 03-10-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:40 PM
dreboogie
Novice

I have panoptix, I don't know if they are made anymore, but they have a foam liner to keep the wind out of your eyes. The model I have also has transition lenses, so when the sun hits them, they automatically get dark like sun glasses (not that dark, but dark enough).

Old 03-10-2010, 12:45 PM
exemexer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Some may laugh but these really surprised me and I use 'em all the time now. I saw a commercial on TV about the HD (high definition) vision sunglasses. They are actually readers (which I need) but they're great for riding, don't look rediculous and they even say "HD" on the side without costing like HD. Called the 800 number on the screen and bought a pair, for no charge they throw in an extra pair free plus a protective pouch. They come in any magnification you want eg; +1.0, 1.25, 1.50 etc... They come in black or brown. Can't remember exact cost but I believe less than $20 bucks.

Old 03-10-2010, 12:50 PM
DocHoliday06
Banned

Originally Posted by exemexer
Some may laugh but these really surprised me and I use 'em all the time now. I saw a commercial on TV about the HD (high definition) vision sunglasses. They are actually readers (which I need) but they're great for riding, don't look rediculous and they even say "HD" on the side without costing like HD. Called the 800 number on the screen and bought a pair, for no charge they throw in an extra pair free plus a protective pouch. They come in any magnification you want eg; +1.0, 1.25, 1.50 etc... They come in black or brown. Can't remember exact cost but I believe less than $20 bucks.
^^^^

Old 03-10-2010, 01:14 PM
garslayer
Tourer

I tried to be cool by only wearing my Maui Jims but too much junk in the eye and wind-caused tears (tears of joy for just being on the scoot) ended that. Now I have three pair of goggles: smoke for daylight rides, yellow for very overcast, twilight/dawn and rain rides and a pair of clear Rocky the Flying Squirrel goggles for night rides. Of course, I am an old geezer and comfort is almost everything.

Old 03-10-2010, 01:18 PM
thomaskray
Road Master

Cheap *** ones from CVS.

Don't believe in expensive sunglasses cause I either lose or break them too often.

Old 03-10-2010, 01:44 PM
Bearsoftail
Advanced

Wiley X, with transition lenses. Great for day and night riding.

Old 03-10-2010, 01:53 PM
Hawaii-Five-Jo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I use the cheap stuff so if it gets damaged, I don't worry about it.

Old 03-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Gpsjr10
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I go to the Sporting goods dept at Wal-mart and get the ones for shooting, one dark and one yellow. They are in a plastic case that has a magnetic closure good for keeping in the saddle bags when you are wearing your other pair so they don't get messed up. They are about $5 each

Quick Reply: What Type of Motorcycle Glasses You Rock'n