Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ride at night - clears the brain

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006 | 01:41 PM
ionate
|
Road Captain
Default Ride at night - clears the brain

Anyone else take their bikes out on whim late at night just to get a quick ride in? Or any other part of the day?

Work has been hectic for me again lately so I've been finding myself having to work until 1AM in the morning on my PC at home.

So lately, for a break I'll hop on the Sporty around 11pm or 12am and go highway cruising for about 20-30min.

Works wonders on the brain.

Any one else do this? It's cool (a little cooler at least), less traffic and a loads of fun!

Old 07-28-2006 | 01:43 PM
harleyxlc
Road Master
Default RE: Ride at night - clears the brain

Yup Nice to get out and about at all hours.

Old 07-28-2006 | 01:56 PM
Thumper26
Outstanding HDF Member

Absolutely! Riding at any time of day is relaxing and clears the cobwebs in the head. It's ironic that going for a ride requires a heightened awareness, yet relaxes and refreshes at the same time. As long as you're not too tired, go for it!

Thumper26

Old 07-28-2006 | 02:09 PM
Tralfaz
Road Master

In Texas it has almost become a requirement to ride at night at times. Given the choice between riding to and from work when it's 106 degrees out, or riding at 11 when it's 96 degrees out, and there is no sun beating down on you, I choose the latter. This past week hasn't been bad, so I've chosen to ride to and from work for most of the week, but on the days I don't ride the work route, I'll take her out for a spin at 10:30 or 11 just to, well, have fun.

Old 07-28-2006 | 02:10 PM
sealbeachbum
Road Warrior

I work the swing shift and get off at 1 am with a 30 mile ride home. I love that ride! Nice and cool, nobody on the freeway. For the last few miles I take the scenic route along the beach. I love it when the moonlight is reflecting off the ocean, and the smell and feel of the sea breeze hitting me in the face..... and of course an ice cold beer waiting for me at the end of the ride! Haha! [sm=icon_guiness.gif]
What a great way to end every work day!

Old 07-28-2006 | 02:14 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member

Riding around here at night is a stressful situation, to say the least...

I live in a very rural, large County out here in the hills... Only 5 small towns in the County, total population of arouind 7,500 people, and an estimated 15,000 white tail deer.

No 4-lane roads, no interstates, not even a single stoplight in the County. Just hills, lakes, rivers, and all kind of wildlife...

On average there are around 10 vehicle/deer accidents a week.

All kind of '4 legged critters' out during the evening and night. Most of them are hiding in the trees or brush on the sides of the roads just waiting to jump out in front of you.

Old 07-28-2006 | 02:44 PM
yost44
Tourer

oldfenderguy.....if i was you then I would find me an old tank like vehical...reinforce the front end....and go hunting hahaha.......but back to the subject....I love riding at night I live in the suburbs with alot business around....so when I go out in the day there are cars everywhere.....I go out at night everyone is sleeping and I am all by my self just cruising along with no worries but crazy critters and drunk drivers

Old 07-28-2006 | 08:12 PM
Trash Rat
Road Captain

I have to agree with oldfenderguy. I live in SE Nebraska. Lots & lots of whitetail deer, raccoons, & coyotes out at night around here. Your so busy watching for the night critters, it's hard to relax enough to enjoy your ride.

Old 07-28-2006 | 08:52 PM
sgreen0313
Tourer

As a yungun I used to go for a few hours every night after my gf went to bed. I havne't done it since then, but I can remember the cool air and some of the nice lake views to this day. In fact, since this week has been such a b*%*ch at work, I think I'll just go and relive some old memories in the night air tonight!

Old 07-28-2006 | 09:40 PM
JR Bean
Intermediate

I can not believe how a ride cleans the mind out. The warm and cool air is such a great feeling and the different smells. I think I just might go out tonight.

Quick Reply: Ride at night - clears the brain