Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nightster/Iron pics of altered stock lights (The Reason)

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 10:28 AM
hungoverdog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 02-22-2010, 10:31 AM
Krakanator
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like everyone beat me to it!

Old 02-22-2010, 12:16 PM
TexasBikeBoy
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh yeah, I forgot.

I had to splice some additional wire on to the original wiring so it would be long enough.

Of course, friendly neighbor had the excess wire, crimps and crimping tool I needed.
Why can't I be fortunate enough to have neighbors like yours? Instead I get some ******* wanna be gangster that I had to slam on his head in the parking lot over a damn parking space. Anyways love the headlight mod you made bro looks fantastic.

Old 02-22-2010, 05:36 PM
michaelmartin
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TexasBikeBoy
Why can't I be fortunate enough to have neighbors like yours? Instead I get some ******* wanna be gangster that I had to slam on his head in the parking lot over a damn parking space. Anyways love the headlight mod you made bro looks fantastic.
Well, the rest of my neighborhood sucks ***** for the most part. They just happen to be awesome people, both him and his wife. Like I said he restores Austin's and MG's and since those things are making their way through his garage so often, he's got all the stuff he needs to break an old rust bucket down and bring it back to life restored as close to original condition as possible. Does great work. All I was hoping for was a blowtorch to bend some steel. An hour and a half later, I had a fully finished piece. I'm still in awe.

I appreciate the compliment on the bracket. I really like the look of it. Could it have been made simpler? Of course. But I've seen that done. I like the way this looks and it's a bit different than most other mods I've seen.

Still haven't been able to take it out for a test ride to make sure it's entirely stable, but I can't imagine it wouldn't be. I don't see that vibrating all that much since that's 1/4" steel it's mounted on.

Now I have to break down a bracket I made for the coil relocation and one I made for the ignition relocation so I can have him powder those also.

Old 02-23-2010, 01:00 AM
Steeler
Road Captain
Default Hmmmm

The weird thing is ...the only reference i 've ever heard/read" refering to the nighster as a chicks bike"is on this site ,
this like a pen... measuring contest.
Each to his own ,dude if you want to paint your bike pink and call it a pimpster go for it,if it makes you happy.(now that would be rebellious)
Here on the distant shores no one ever mentions it,.. in fact,However over here convertables are considered chicks cars,why? because they look good or can blow their nails dry when the top is down,
What a crock of old oil.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:51 AM
Iron Dandee
Intermediate

Steeler: what bracket did you use to mount your headlights? can we get a closer pic?

Old 02-24-2010, 02:52 AM
Steeler
Road Captain
Default Headlight bracket

I cut the rough shape out with a band saw ,then bolted the two pieces together and shaped with a grinder.
I did a V design so the clutch cable could then flow through the gap.I used two 4mm(1/8 INCH) pieces of aluminium and cut and shaped them to the desired shape,
I bent the V to the correct angle (just clamped in a large vice) and tested my beam angle.
(Now you can learn from my mistake).
Remember the nighty's fork compresses under load so that's the angle you want,get someone to sit on the bike so the sus drops.
then I Sprayed them black bolted them together for strength.

I used chrome dome heads for a nice look

Attached Thumbnails Nightster/Iron pics of altered stock lights (The Reason)-headlight-lift-inst-12.jpg   Nightster/Iron pics of altered stock lights (The Reason)-headlight-lift-inst-4.jpg   Nightster/Iron pics of altered stock lights (The Reason)-headlight-lift-inst-6.jpg   Nightster/Iron pics of altered stock lights (The Reason)-headlight-lift-inst-7.jpg  

Last edited by Steeler; 02-24-2010 at 02:57 AM. Reason: correction
Old 02-24-2010, 04:57 AM
wingman1946
Cruiser

Originally Posted by veritas.archangel
Maybe a real "Nightster rebel" would put on a batwing fairing and hardbags. Or just leave it stock. Now that would be rebellious. Just saying...
Leave it stock? Now there's unique idea!

Old 02-24-2010, 09:43 AM
Iron Dandee
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Steeler
I cut the rough shape out with a band saw ,then bolted the two pieces together and shaped with a grinder.
I did a V design so the clutch cable could then flow through the gap.I used two 4mm(1/8 INCH) pieces of aluminium and cut and shaped them to the desired shape,
I bent the V to the correct angle (just clamped in a large vice) and tested my beam angle.
(Now you can learn from my mistake).
Remember the nighty's fork compresses under load so that's the angle you want,get someone to sit on the bike so the sus drops.
then I Sprayed them black bolted them together for strength.

I used chrome dome heads for a nice look
thanks Steeler. but i dont have permission to look at the photos, i wonder why?