Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nightster/Iron pics of altered stock lights (The Reason)

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 06:18 PM
veritas.archangel
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

See, I never claimed to be a rebel. I just put on what I like. Don't care what others think. Though, that in itself is rebellious.

Old 02-21-2010, 06:18 PM
michaelmartin
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by motordrum
Nothing like MAKING your own stuff.
Damn skippy.

It may be 3 times as expensive at times, but I sure feel good about it and that's the only one that exists. There may be some that are similar out there, but not the same.

Last edited by michaelmartin; 02-21-2010 at 06:23 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:27 PM
veritas.archangel
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Dude's remember some people think that your Nightster is a chick bike. Cuz their idea of cool is different. Just because you think something is cool, does not make it universally cool. Coolness is in the eye of the beholder. And like I said, that's what makes this sport great. Seems funny to me that anyone would take offense with a comment about not thinking that what they consider cool is cool to everyone. I know guys who think that a Softtail dripping in chrome is cool, and blacked out Sportsters aren't. That's their opinion. You may think that jacked up headlights and flipped mirrors on drag bars is cool. Great, that's your opinion. Have at it. It's your bike, and what anyone else thinks shouldn't have any bearing on it.

And you missed the "rebel" point. A rebel is someone that goes against the norm. To be rebellious means that you do things differently from others. If your "rebellious" bike looks like every other "rebellious" bike, then it's not rebellious. Heck, if Harley starts building a bike that looks like your "rebellious" one, then they've just made it normal. Don't get me wrong, here, I like your bikes, I like what you've done. But it's not my style. Doesn't make it wrong, just not for me. My opinion. All I meant was that if your Nightster goes from looking like every other stock Nightster to looking like every other custom Nightster, then how is that being a "rebel"? Now, if you make it look NOTHING like all the other bikes on this forum, then you're being a rebel. It's like the guy that takes his V-Rod and adds hardbags and a Road Glide fairing, that's fairly rebellious, unless everybody starts doing it.

And I never claimed to be a rebel. That was the OP.

Last edited by veritas.archangel; 02-21-2010 at 06:36 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:29 PM
michaelmartin
Road Captain

Get over it and move on.

Old 02-21-2010, 06:36 PM
motordrum
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by veritas.archangel
See, I never claimed to be a rebel. I just put on what I like. Don't care what others think. Though, that in itself is rebellious.
But you ARE however, posting on threads that apparently don't even interest you, commenting that since people are sharing ideas and a few other people like the idea and decide to do the same mod, it has something to do with not being rebellious (whatever that even means). I think buying a bunch of mass produced bolt-on MOCO brand ACCESSORIES is slightly more conformist than actually coming up with an idea, fabricating it yourself, and taking pride in the finished product. To me, modifying a bike isn't about how many bolt-on goodies you can get your hands on. If someone compliments me on one of my mods and says, "Thats cool, where did you get that?" It's much more satisfying to say "I MADE it." Rather than saying, "I bought it at Harley World." JMO.

Last edited by motordrum; 02-21-2010 at 08:41 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:44 PM
motordrum
Road Warrior

Dude's remember some people think that your Nightster is a chick bike. Cuz their idea of cool is different. Just because you think something is cool, does not make it universally cool. Coolness is in the eye of the beholder. And like I said, that's what makes this sport great. Seems funny to me that anyone would take offense with a comment about not thinking that what they consider cool is cool to everyone. I know guys who think that a Softtail dripping in chrome is cool, and blacked out Sportsters aren't. That's their opinion. You may think that jacked up headlights and flipped mirrors on drag bars is cool. Great, that's your opinion. Have at it. It's your bike, and what anyone else thinks shouldn't have any bearing on it.

And you missed the "rebel" point. A rebel is someone that goes against the norm. To be rebellious means that you do things differently from others. If your "rebellious" bike looks like every other "rebellious" bike, then it's not rebellious. Heck, if Harley starts building a bike that looks like your "rebellious" one, then they've just made it normal. Don't get me wrong, here, I like your bikes, I like what you've done. But it's not my style. Doesn't make it wrong, just not for me. My opinion. All I meant was that if your Nightster goes from looking like every other stock Nightster to looking like every other custom Nightster, then how is that being a "rebel"? Now, if you make it look NOTHING like all the other bikes on this forum, then you're being a rebel. It's like the guy that takes his V-Rod and adds hardbags and a Road Glide fairing, that's fairly rebellious, unless everybody starts doing it.

And I never claimed to be a rebel. That was the OP.
Ugh, and so it begins...

Attached Thumbnails Nightster/Iron pics of altered stock lights (The Reason)-the_cat_is_pushing_a_watermelon_out_of_a_lake.jpg  

Last edited by motordrum; 02-21-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:22 PM
Slackster
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow...this came out amusing. I wrote this late last night, and I must say I was a little buzzed and tired.

When I made the "Rebel" statement, In my mind I was trying to sound how I think Will Farrel (SNL) would of said it in a hard core but cheezy funny way.

In other words they were actually words out of my ***, So anything I said or say again in the future does not entirely represent Slacker Customs or any of it's affiliates.

Enjoy these pics of some REBEL MONKEYS:

Old 02-21-2010, 10:12 PM
michaelmartin
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Slackster

That bike would look sweet if the rebel monkey just raised the headlight a little.

Old 02-21-2010, 10:43 PM
motordrum
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by michaelmartin
That bike would look sweet if the rebel monkey just raised the headlight a little.
Then he would just be a regular conformist monkey...

Last edited by motordrum; 02-21-2010 at 11:02 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:18 AM
Krakanator
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"how can you think this is not cool... check this out."

Because not everyone's idea of "cool" is the same as yours. That's the great thing about this sport, everyone can express themselves. It's tough to be unique, when everyone's bike looks the same. A "rebel" is someone who goes against the norm. But if the norm is that Nightster owners jack their headlights up, remove visors, put on drag bars, and flip their mirrors, then being a "rebel" would mean not doing that. Personally, to each his own. If you think it's cool, do it, and don't give a rat's **** what anyone else thinks.

Then why did you feel it was necessary to tell everyone what you thought?? Also, I am pretty sure the OP was laying on the sarcasm pretty thick.

Quick Reply: Nightster/Iron pics of altered stock lights (The Reason)