Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diggin that new 48

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 03:56 PM
desmoface
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Diggin that new 48

I went to the international motorcycle show yesterday and I have to say, one of the few bikes to get my blood moving was the new 48..I dunno, I've never really been a fan of Harley's, but the direction Harley has taken with the sportsters is really scratchin me where I itch..

My current rides are a Ducati ST3 and a little Suzuki SV 650..I know, I catch a lot of chit on the little sv, but that bike on a twisty back road will embarrass a lot of bigger, more expensive machines...

Anyway, I'm a huge fan of naked bikes, in the vein of the Ducati Monster, Triumph Speed Triple, etc; but the newer Monster is just not doing it for me...I think I've fallen head over heals for the sportster, something about that naked, pared down look that I just love. I thought I might try the nightster, in black, till I sat on the 48 at the show...

Most of my friends that have harley's have been bustin my ***** with the "Girls Bike," comments, but I don't give a ****..The sportster is the only Harley I really dig...

Oh well, I guess I'll wait and see if I can snag a ride on the new 48, and possibly the Nightster, and see how I feel after that...I've only ever ridden one harley before, my bud's dyna, and I have to say I wasn't really that impressed...hopefully I'll feel better about the sportster..

Oh well, just thinking out loud here, LOL...thanks for listening..

Steve

Old 01-31-2010, 04:33 PM
joesride
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Aint nothing wrong with a sporty, i ride a Dyna now but Sportys have always been my favorite looking Harleys, especially with the peanut tank.Anybody that says sportys are girls bikes are probably insecure one way or another about alot of things.I ride a Dyna superglide now cause riding with my wife is alot easier, and much more comfortable.Its a sporty on steroids,handles excellent.I also like the looks of the new 48, i hope the MOCO sells the hell outta them.

Old 01-31-2010, 05:03 PM
desmoface
Intermediate

Hey Joe,

Thanks for the reply. I've got the Ducati for two up stuff..the sportster would just be for one up riding...Thanks again.

Steve

Old 01-31-2010, 05:10 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I've owned 3 Sportsters, and I'm sure there will be a fourth. The 48 would be a fun bike to modify.

Old 01-31-2010, 05:42 PM
greenstreetbob
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I own a Sportster and Dyna. Both are fun, but I have to say that if you weren't impressed with the Dyna you were on the wrong one.

Old 01-31-2010, 05:52 PM
Zimbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I traded my Sportster for a Road King. Been kicking myself in the butt ever since. Loaded for a long trip, rideing two up or single, she did it all with ease.

Old 01-31-2010, 05:53 PM
joesride
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by greenstreetbob
I own a Sportster and Dyna. Both are fun, but I have to say that if you weren't impressed with the Dyna you were on the wrong one.
Who said anything about not being impressed with a Dyna ?I agree Dynas are great bikes !

Old 01-31-2010, 05:55 PM
greenstreetbob
Road Master

Originally Posted by joesride
Who said anything about not being impressed with a Dyna ?I agree Dynas are great bikes !
...the OP did....

Old 01-31-2010, 05:57 PM
desmoface
Intermediate

Hi Bob,

You know, when I rode it, me and my friend swapped out bikes on some twisty back roads..my bike at the time was an aprilia tuono, which is basically a racing chassis/brakes/suspension with a fire breathing rotax 1000cc v twin..were talkin 1 finger stopping power at brake lever...anything more and your doing an endo LOL..

Alls I remember is grabbin a handfull of brake on his dyna and the lever came right to the bar and I was still moving...I almost rearended him on my bike LOL...

I'm hoping to snag a ride on the new 48 and nightster when the weather allows...I'll report back my findings..I'm hoping the bike rides/handles as good as it looks..

Steve

Originally Posted by greenstreetbob

Last edited by desmoface; 01-31-2010 at 08:26 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:20 PM
greenstreetbob
Road Master

I do have to admit that the brakes on my Street Bob are my biggest(only?) complaint.

Quick Reply: Diggin that new 48