Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Airhawk seat cushion?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 07:24 PM
Mattyboy
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airhawk seat cushion?

Hey ladies and gents I am thinking about getting the airhawk and just want to see how other owners of the product feel about it?

I was gonna just get a new seat but for the value per annual trips (1 maybe 2)

Thanks, Matt

Old 01-27-2010, 08:22 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

I bought one some time back and got rid of it. The Sporty seat already sits kind of high, and the cushion just made it worse. I'd say save your money and go for a seat that fits you, or get Mean City Cycles to rework yours.

Old 01-27-2010, 11:13 PM
XLCR4GM
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought one while I was in Stugris in 2009. I agree that any pad that sits on top of your seat will have to lift you up some, but it is VERY comfortable and cheaper than buying another seat. I saw one for sale here on the HDFourms but I don't know if it is still for sale. I really like mine. Good luck with your search for comfort and ride safe out there.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:04 AM
beaucoup_dinkydow
Tourer

I have one, but don't use it all that much.
However, last year I took it along for a 4400 mile trip on our Ultra,
and was glad I did. Was nice to alternate between the stock seat and
using the cushion.

Old 01-28-2010, 09:04 AM
olddude48
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought one when I had my Heritage and didn't like it. Sent it back after a couple rides with it.
With enough air in it to make it comfortable,it put me up to high in the saddle.
Buy a good seat or send yours off to Mean City Cycles and have altered.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:36 AM
asspadtycoon
2nd Gear

You guys are using way too much air! Adjusted properly, you won't even feel it underneath you. You should have about 1/8" to 1/4" max of air between your sit bones and the saddle. If you feel high, or if it feels unstable -- that means that you have too much air in the cushion. Trust me -- I hear it all the time, and once corrected the people who were complaining are converts.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:45 AM
olddude48
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by asspadtycoon
You guys are using way too much air! Adjusted properly, you won't even feel it underneath you. You should have about 1/8" to 1/4" max of air between your sit bones and the saddle. If you feel high, or if it feels unstable -- that means that you have too much air in the cushion. Trust me -- I hear it all the time, and once corrected the people who were complaining are converts.
If all I needed were 1/8" of air under my A$$ to make it comfortable,I would use a sheet of bubble wrap! Much cheaper!

Old 01-30-2010, 08:10 AM
asspadtycoon
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by olddude48
If all I needed were 1/8" of air under my A$$ to make it comfortable,I would use a sheet of bubble wrap! Much cheaper!
Give that a try olddude...I've heard that one a million times too. It's all about immersion depth and internal airways -- something bubble wrap and single bladder air bags can't come close to duplicating.

Old 01-30-2010, 01:36 PM
jacktana
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Airhawk cushion

Bought one to use on the back seat for extra cushion for my wife. It has worked out pretty well. Never tried it on the driver's seat and probably never will.

Old 02-02-2010, 02:28 AM
Ramboamt
Road Warrior
Thumbs up

I have one on the back of my Sporty for the wife. She has a bad back, herniated discs, and loves this seat cushion. It helps deaden some of the bumps on the road and the hard points in the HD custom seat that I have.

No complaints so far.

It is worth the price, just watch out for the straps as they are a little long, even when pulled all the way up, so the cushion can move around a little bit when off of the seat. When on the seat it stays put.

Quick Reply: Airhawk seat cushion?