Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are HD Sportster's Girls bikes.

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 06:19 PM
LordVngr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Are HD Sportster's Girls bikes.

Ok

Been riding my bike for a week or two now and No Longer Worry about if I'm on a Girls bike or not. It just doesnt matter anymore. Im starting to really enjoy my 1200R model and dont give a flying f**k what anybody else thinks. Tanks for the comments.

LV

Old 12-04-2004, 06:54 PM
Ironhead
Stellar HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hehehe... atta' boy!

Ride, be safe and have fun!!!

Old 12-05-2004, 12:40 AM
12Stones
Seasoned HDF Member

I've been getting lots of complements on my 1200C from serious hardcore bikers who say the only problem with it is that it doesn't have enough miles...

I'm working on that.

Old 12-05-2004, 11:16 PM
Lovetoride
Grand HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: BClem

( I personally would yank those ****** off their rice and kick their asses, but that was yesterday, today I just forget about it... HA!)

BClem
I'm guessing you'd still yank them off of their bike, as would I...

Ryan

Old 12-06-2004, 08:28 AM
disgrntal1
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am jealous that you can ride right now. i take delivery in feb and cann't wait. since we are having this conversation. i notice that their are no v-rod owners in this forum. bclem has good things to say about them, but i have heard alot of th "purist" don't like the v-rod. is this a common opinion? i ordered the v-rod because i have never had a harley or a street bike of my own, but wanted to spoil myself and i fell in love witht the v-rod. i don't give a **** what others think, but i am curious. in my mind if i am writing the check then i now have the only opinion that matters. i have heard the sporsters called girls bikes, but who gives a ****

Old 12-06-2004, 11:48 AM
12Stones
Seasoned HDF Member

There's a V-ROD owner here and there on the forum... Personally I'm not fond of the body style because I like the classic look but it's still a Harley. I know a few people who love theirs because it's so quick and comfortable. Just enjoy and ride...when you get it that is...

Old 12-22-2004, 03:37 PM
CycleWerkzWest
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We tunning guys love the new V-Rod because in our world high-tech equals cool. It's very high-tech, breaking new ground for Harley. I understand how folks feel, but you gotta admit, it took ***** for the Harley factory to break the 100 year tradition with this.

As for the Sportster, they are what they are, the smallest, lowest-cost model in the Harley line-up. They sure sell a lot of them so there must be something great about it. I think it's really rude to point and laugh at someone that may not be able to afford a more expensive bike.

Also, I like to give anyone on two-wheels a certain amount of respect just for that.

Old 12-22-2004, 03:59 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,297 Likes on 484 Posts

Everybody's pretty well covered it, but I ain't never been able to stop tossing my pennies in. Sportsters are the hot rods (except for that new-fangled whack-bike, the V-Rod) of the HD world. When some blozo says something about your Sporty being a girly-bike, offer to race him. If you know how to ride, and unless he's pumped his big twin motor with a buncha go-fast, you'll smoke him. Power-to-weight ratio says the Sporty rules.

Having said that, and having started on a Sporty 31 years ago, I wouldn't trade any FL type I've owned for another Sporty for any money. The big bikes are way more comfortable for the type of riding I do.

And besides, Sportsters are girly-skirtster bikes!

(Wouldn't mind having one in addition to my Sloptail, though. Say one with about 89 inches, nitrous, ....)

Old 12-22-2004, 06:13 PM
oldgeezer
Grand HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The new Sportsters are great rides. More power, larger gas tank, and with the rubber mount engine, they are more comfortable.

I rode a Sportster for several years before just recently trading for a Softail Standard. If I could have afforded it, I'd have kept the Sportster, not traded it in. It was a great bike to zip around on. Unfortunately, I take long trips and stay gone for a while, sometimes with my camping gear. On my Sportster, short of Granny and the rocking chair, I looked like the Clampets headed to Beverly Hills. The Softail has larger saddle bags and holds my t-bag and lazy rider better and safer.

Don't worry about what people think about the Sporty. They are also the ones who look down on Suzuki's, Yamaha's, etc, and their opinion doesn't count for squat.

Have fun, be safe and enjoy the ride.

Old 12-23-2004, 01:11 AM
12Stones
Seasoned HDF Member

Sportsters are the hot rods
Ain't that the truth. They're also the most top-heavy which requires more strength to stand them up. Girls bike's they're not. Actually, my wife laid our Sporty down trying to back it out of the driveway and picked the sucker up all by herself. I was so proud I stopped being mad about the drop.

Quick Reply: Are HD Sportster's Girls bikes.