Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are HD Sportster's Girls bikes.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 01:05 PM
turbo
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Are HD Sportster's Girls bikes.

I've had a couple sportys, and yes I got "it's a piglet" on ocasion (only by my closest friends). They are great bikes and they handle well. If I can make this work here is a pic of one of the sportys I rode. Ride what you like and enjoy it, when you want something different then go for it.
Turbo

[IMG]local://upfiles/1952/FDE7A23CD7FF45D38620362DBF258A53.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-10-2005, 01:14 PM
turbo
1st Gear

My youngest daughter used to race dirt bikes and my oldest daughter had a honda huricane that she would street race in down town houston. Both girls could ride just about anything on 2 wheels. I love it!!!
Turbo

Old 04-10-2005, 10:46 PM
Ragin_Republican
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

could we please just lock this post or kill it all together?

Old 04-10-2005, 11:04 PM
Johnny
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Ragin_Republican

I couldn't have said it better myself. Administration/Moderators....How about it?

Old 04-11-2005, 12:16 AM
12Stones
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Johnny

ORIGINAL: Ragin_Republican

I couldn't have said it better myself. Administration/Moderators....How about it?
What they said.

Old 05-08-2005, 12:45 AM
Brad
Novice

Ride what is right for you and your situation. I considered the sportster while looking for my first new Harley (except the 175cc I had back in the 1970's - talk about a girl's bike). Most folks I talked with suggested going with the bigger engine - 1450cc. They all said that after riding the sporster for a while, I'd be kick'n myself for not getting the bigger bike. I went with a new 05 Super Glide (FXDI) with security system. Out the door at $13,859.50. It is as basic as you can get with the 1450cc. I love it. Now, I have the base for adding all the goodies that are to come - to make it truly my bike. I really think that this is the last bike I will own unless I get back into dirt bikes or maybe long touring. My two cents is, that if you can afford it, go with the bigger engine in a basic model. That way you can grow with it and have the platform to build it into whatever you want it to be. However, if you want something less expensive now go with the sportster and to **** with what anyone else says or thinks. Remember, it is all about you! And, you can trade-up in the future and have the experience to make for a good decision then.

Whatever you decide - it is all about you. These are good problems to have - enjoy.

Brad

Old 05-09-2005, 02:52 AM
Detour
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: monkyman

To put down the sportster is to put down harley davidson!

So true. The Sportster put Harley on the map. It was and still is an awesome bike, period.

Old 05-09-2005, 04:49 PM
LordVngr
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: 12Stones

I think we all agree that Sportster's aren't girlie bikes. I don't know how this thread keeps coming up.

Havent been on the site in Weeks and when I log back on my Original post is right at the top again.
Who Knew I still have my 1200r and dont really think about it being a girl's bike anymore BUT
I keep getting fatter so the sporty keeps getting smaller.

LV

Old 06-07-2005, 07:40 PM
AZFlyingDiver
Tourer

Well, I couldn't resist having a comment in the longest running post I've seen!

NO WAY are Sporty's girly bikes (although some might-fine girlies have come to appreciate the finer points of a Sporty)! Sporty riders have got to be 90+% guys, and IMHO are among the better riders out there... I've been riding for 30+ years and there's no ride like a Sporty, so much so that I picked up a '05 883 Custom to play with and I'm lovin' every minute of it - when I'm not ridin', I'm payin' more taxes :-)... Girly bike? Only when my hot 29YO girlfriend is 2-up with me!

Old 06-07-2005, 08:46 PM
DWSPhotography
Intermediate

My last bike was a 90 FLHS, before that I had an FLHP and an XLCH, and before those a Kawasaki and a Honda. My current ride is an 883 sportster and I am a big guy. Big enough that noone hassles me about riding a "chick bike", at least not more than once. I bought a sporty because I wanted something small and light to play with. Something to scoot around town, to modify and to have fun on. 1

My philosophy has always been, "There are two kinds of people in the world: Those that ride and everyone else." If you are on 2 wheels for more than sunny weekends and the occassional ride to an event, then you are worthy of more respect than the weekend RUBs with their miles of chrome, designer leathers and cafe lattes.

Quick Reply: Are HD Sportster's Girls bikes.