Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pipes and Air for Nightster- now SE tuner

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 07:40 PM
USMCNewdog
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Pipes and Air for Nightster- now SE tuner

Folks,

I decided that I cant afford a different Harley so I am investing in my Nightster! I have read alot on this here, but stil have some questions.

I bought the V&H black Shortshot staggered pipes, and went ahead and bought the Duke air filter from them too. My Nightster is an '08 and I was sure I could do the pipe change alone, but I knew something would have to be redone for the new air filter. Well, dumb me thought I could just pay someone to hook it up to a computer remap it and I am good!

After a couple phone calls I hear I need a tuner or fuel pak for them to make the necessary changes. They suggested the Screamin Eagle Pro super tuner (32109-08A ) since I wouldnt have to install anything. Is this the one that will only work on one bike? I will not be doing any further mods, and thought I could sell it to a friend who needs one too.

I was going to go with the V&H Fuelpack or Power commander but have heard of problems with both, but no problems with the Screamin Eagle tuner. I am fairly set on the SE tuner, but will call the local dealer for a total price for dyno and everything! I will install the pipes and air cleaner, when I chatted with them earlier it was $195 for the Dyna and $30 if they install the air filter.

Does all this sound right? Also which SE tuner would I want? I hear of a race one and a couple others? I thought I had this all figured out, wow I wasnt ready to invest another $300 plus!!!

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Old 01-06-2010, 08:54 PM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

got a pcIII myself (w/ v&h sideshots and ness big sucker II) that i been runnin for 2 yrs. now with no issues (knock on wood). no popin either! get ready to spend spend spend my man!

Old 01-07-2010, 06:00 AM
soup
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by USMCNewdog
Folks,

I decided that I cant afford a different Harley so I am investing in my Nightster! I have read alot on this here, but stil have some questions.

I bought the V&H black Shortshot staggered pipes, and went ahead and bought the Duke air filter from them too. My Nightster is an '08 and I was sure I could do the pipe change alone, but I knew something would have to be redone for the new air filter. Well, dumb me thought I could just pay someone to hook it up to a computer remap it and I am good!

After a couple phone calls I hear I need a tuner or fuel pak for them to make the necessary changes. They suggested the Screamin Eagle Pro super tuner (32109-08A ) since I wouldnt have to install anything. Is this the one that will only work on one bike? I will not be doing any further mods, and thought I could sell it to a friend who needs one too.

I was going to go with the V&H Fuelpack or Power commander but have heard of problems with both, but no problems with the Screamin Eagle tuner. I am fairly set on the SE tuner, but will call the local dealer for a total price for dyno and everything! I will install the pipes and air cleaner, when I chatted with them earlier it was $195 for the Dyna and $30 if they install the air filter.

Does all this sound right? Also which SE tuner would I want? I hear of a race one and a couple others? I thought I had this all figured out, wow I wasnt ready to invest another $300 plus!!!

Thanks in advance,
Mike
I'm running the SEST, it is married to the bike. You cannot use it on any other ride. It is worth the $$$ IMO. $195.00 for the Dyno is also a good deal. When I had my bike dyno'd and the SEST installed it cost me a litttle under 8 bills. And by a little I mean $2.00

Last edited by soup; 01-07-2010 at 06:04 AM.