Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tour pak on a nighster

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 08:40 AM
catlkn
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Johan96
If you are going to travel, do it!
I disagree completely! If your going to travel, buy a bike meant for traveling!!! I hate bags on sporties. That being said, I would really love to be able to travel on my bike for more than one night or without hauling it. That is why my boyfriend and I are looking for a touring bike. It may take us a while to get one at the right price, but I we don't want to trade our bar hoppers or mess them up with bags!

Old 12-31-2009, 09:38 AM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

When I got my bike it had the older style HD hard bags with fake leather over them and they were nice and i could put alot in them, but I got my Sporty to be a bar hopper-not a tour bike so I took them off and sold them to a old guy that used his Sporty to ride to his GF's place that was over an hour away so it saved him gas to take the bike and not his truck. I have the HD fork bag on my bike now and love the look-it makes the forks look a bit shorter and I can keep a few tools in, smokes, glasses and a 20oz of Diet Dew LOL! I have a few nice back packs for when i need to pick something up with one of the bikes and it works fine. Hell i go on beer runs with my bikes. I even went to get all my oil and trasn fluid for my last service I did with my one back pack and it worked, but man was it heavy LOL!

I love the Street glides and bikes like that,but they are made for the long hauls. Sportys are made for bar hopping and running around town and what not IMO. Please keep it that way

Old 12-31-2009, 12:21 PM
pugster
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have a detachable sissy with tour pack on my night, so if i go for a weekend i put it on. if im at home ridin around i take it off. problem solved. same as through over bags. if u go to a rally thats hundreds of miles away u need it. o but wait, that makes u not cool never mind!

Old 12-31-2009, 12:51 PM
ernofsteel007
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by catlkn
I disagree completely! If your going to travel, buy a bike meant for traveling!!! I hate bags on sporties. That being said, I would really love to be able to travel on my bike for more than one night or without hauling it. That is why my boyfriend and I are looking for a touring bike. It may take us a while to get one at the right price, but I we don't want to trade our bar hoppers or mess them up with bags!
dude i'd listen to a hot chick on this one over some guys with pregnant beer bellies protruding out their shirts saying 'so what if it ain't cool n the chicks don't dig it, do it!'
go get you a killer sissy bar to tie on tonnes of gear and leather saddlebags and ride long looking cool, BTW them geezer glide parts ain't cheap.
http://www.failfunnies.com/28/images...ly-of-fail.jpg

Old 12-31-2009, 02:18 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Might as well get a side car it'll look just as cool maybe even cooler and you can haul even more crap around with you.You can go grocery shopping,haul your aluminum cans to the recycle center, pick up the grand kids from soccer practice....

Old 12-31-2009, 02:23 PM
ernofsteel007
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SPECIAL ED
Might as well get a side car it'll look just as cool maybe even cooler and you can haul even more crap around with you.You can go grocery shopping,haul your aluminum cans to the recycle center, pick up the grand kids from soccer practice....
thats a killer idea man, does everything, no grampa flair poisoning your bikes look and hauls tonnes of gear and they do look awesome too.

Old 12-31-2009, 02:41 PM
squashit
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well... i rode my nightster from sc to ca with a backpack and not sure if i really needed all that stuff anyway...

Old 12-31-2009, 04:13 PM
capitalist_slave
Road Warrior

Go old school, get a big-*** Sissy bar to strap stuff to.

Old 01-01-2010, 11:50 AM
BadMoon
Cruiser

I say do whatever the hell you want with your bike, I hav'nt seen it done that way but if it works for you do it. Keep in mind that none of these other guys will go home with you if you do but if you're ok with that, it's all good. Personally I don't think it would look right. I have a solo rack that I strap a bag/roll to. I've ridden from Dallas to Florida behind three other geezer bikes ands at every stop everyone wanted to talk about my bike, bag and all.

Old 01-01-2010, 02:17 PM
SuburbanMom
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BadMoon
I say do whatever the hell you want with your bike, I hav'nt seen it done that way but if it works for you do it. Keep in mind that none of these other guys will go home with you if you do but if you're ok with that, it's all good. Personally I don't think it would look right. I have a solo rack that I strap a bag/roll to.
Great advice here (IMHO). It's YOUR bike. Do what YOU want! If you want an idea of how it might look, try googling to see if you can find any photos. If not, go to the photoshop forum and see if grubby or someone else can PS it onto your scoot.

I've ridden from Dallas to Florida behind three other geezer bikes ands at every stop everyone wanted to talk about my bike, bag and all.
Amen. Just the STOCK Nightsters have a very appealing look to them. I get compliments on my scoot all the time.

I love my scoot and don't want to trailer it or buy a bagger just to go on "longer trips." People think I'm insane b/c I won't get a windshield, crash bar, or "upgrade" to a bigger bike. Imagine that... some people like their Sporties!!

Quick Reply: tour pak on a nighster