Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my pritty girl gonna get turned into a work horse...build thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 10:38 PM
twisty571
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

Very nice work so far,wish I could go that far with mine but I have to have something Dawn will ride on. She won't ride on the Ninja and to paranoid to ride the Sportster I bought her

Old 02-01-2010, 11:17 PM
89heritagesoftail
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's comin together man... looking sic!

Old 02-02-2010, 04:12 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

looking good man! did you end up going with the clear i sugested or anther one?

Old 02-02-2010, 05:18 PM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i know you gotta be stoked dude! the tins came out absolutely awesome! not my colors but man did you do one hell of a job and the best part is, you can claim all the glory brother. bars look a lot better with the tank on there too. seat came out great, i mean you just did a fvcking hell of a job bro. pat yourself on the back!

Old 02-02-2010, 10:08 PM
old skool1983
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks for all the props guys, def some good ****, i've really enjoyed doin another makeover of the ol'girl, i'll be puttin her together tomorrow and test riddin, i havn't ridin a bike with out apes in over 2 years and with such small bars i'm sure it will be wild...gonna just take it easy and enjoy the ride, i'll try to get a video up of the first ride tomorrow and start up...def will have pics to come.

jrk...i didn't end up usin that clear: savin it in my fav links for next time, i used an addhession promoter and duplicolor clear...however dulpicolor sucks with gas so i threw a heavy coat of clear engine enamle over it when it was all said and done.
i couldn't find any at my local autoparts store and like everything in my life i wanted it yesterday lol

Old 02-03-2010, 10:57 PM
old skool1983
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks for all the props guys! i'll keep choppin and learnin and makin cool **** my way learnin some stuff the hard way and some stuff my way

got'r runnin!!!!!!!! i'm so happy with this bike! best lookin version i done as of yet. i made many of the parts myself, designs myslef and vison is mine
it was suggested by a bud of mine (evodog) to take a razor balde and be really careful but cut the clear off half the filler hole so it doesn't start to bubble...so tonight i did that and put some clear fingernail polish around it...i looked at the clearence of the cap and it looks good..time will tell.
also i gotta do somethin with my tialight, the lens broke (AGAIN!) gonna go to autozone tomorrow and get a plastic trailer lens and "tweak" it to make it fit my taillight. also i have a short somewhere, got 5 miles down the road in the pitch black tonight and realized i had no tail light or brake like :eeeek tore into the most likely of suspects tonight and tomorrow i'll run and get some more fuses and see if it worked
this is what the garaged has looked like sinse i started building...i get really focused and let my garage go to ****

this is brian (well some of him haha) ...he always wants to kill me when the garage gos to **** so he helps me clean it up and today he made me walk up and down the block with my paint stand as pentence...haha

this is what it looked like after he got done wit the garage

ON TO THE GOOD STUFF!!! bike is a beauty and i'm toatlay stoked!!!

got some small vids....OK OK i'll just blow my own spot up before i get called out...i forgot to film original start up so we faked it and there ya go...it fired up faster than i could get my finger of the starter button...HAHAHA i'm a tool

the rest of the vids

Old 02-03-2010, 11:03 PM
fattboy1967
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

this was a another awsome day,,,glad to be part of it........great job,,,,,,,IT ALL STARTED WITH REFLECTORS AND A SISSY BAR!!post a pic of stock....shark...lil pistol...and um garage built.....wahooooooooooo

Old 02-03-2010, 11:03 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

looks and sounds sweeeeeeeet man.

i'm diggin the stance witht the narrow bars.

definitely one of a kind and all the glory goes to you...cheers man.

Old 02-03-2010, 11:25 PM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great man. Kudos to you and those who helped you. Did you have the jockey shift on before?

Old 02-04-2010, 08:00 AM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,337 Likes on 2,567 Posts

Came out pretty good Chris.I like it more than the last version.The grey is lookin good.You gonna be at the beach in a couple of weeks? G.

Quick Reply: my pritty girl gonna get turned into a work horse...build thread