Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is a "Factory Custom"?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009 | 11:57 PM
fox4
Road Master

Originally Posted by joebotics
hey goingsideways.. I guess that your original post wasn't specific enough about the issue with the mostly idiotic "Custom" chopper riders around town (I know them really well, I live in South Beach FL)... those "bikers" and their expensive choppers only used on Sundays to ride to the local hot spot for "Brunch" ( Brunch?? what the hell???.. real bikers don't do "Brunch"!!!) .... the same posers who look down on you each time you pull next to them at the traffic light.. the same brainless arrogant bitches who never ever stop by your scooter at a biker gathering to ask you about how you modified your ride.. why? because in their peanut sized, arthritic brains they believe are in touch with some mythical biker god, who granted them Demigod status ... heck... they can spend their entire Sunday sipping organic iced tea in the Cabana... I'll be riding with my buddies...

I guess the more we modify our bikes, the more custom they are... mine became "custom by accident" when my rear fender went flying on the highway (I was rushing to get on the road and forgot to tighten the screws)

Hey Liz.. are you single?... :-)
Amen!!

Every Tuesday in my hometown we have a bike night at the local Cheeseburger in Paradise. They hold a competition every week. It is always one of the same like 10 Big Bear Choppers that are all alike that win. They just threw down big bucks. Then my buddies that have supper sweet stock chopped/modified bikes that they hand fabricated a lot of the accessories in their kinda just get overlooked, because most of the non-biker culture gets caught up in the glam of OCC, Big Bear, West Coast, etc... instead of noticing the blood, sweet, and tears that go into a garage built bike. These bikes are what they base "custom" off of. (But props to the actually builders that work for these companies, because they definitely are modern artists!)

But like Joebotics said 9 times out of 10 their bikes will have less than 1000 miles on them, and they would sell them on the drop of a hat. I'll never sell mine. Hell, I claimed it! My front sprocket cover has my blood stains on it!

Old 12-20-2009 | 12:08 AM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member

hey goingsideways.. I guess that your original post wasn't specific enough about the issue with the mostly idiotic "Custom" chopper riders around town (I know them really well, I live in South Beach FL)... those "bikers" and their expensive choppers only used on Sundays to ride to the local hot spot for "Brunch" ( Brunch?? what the hell???.. real bikers don't do "Brunch"!!!) .... the same posers who look down on you each time you pull next to them at the traffic light.. the same brainless arrogant bitches who never ever stop by your scooter at a biker gathering to ask you about how you modified your ride.. why? because in their peanut sized, arthritic brains they believe are in touch with some mythical biker god, who granted them Demigod status ... heck... they can spend their entire Sunday sipping organic iced tea in the Cabana... I'll be riding with my buddies...

I guess the more we modify our bikes, the more custom they are... mine became "custom by accident" when my rear fender went flying on the highway (I was rushing to get on the road and forgot to tighten the screws)

I have two very intense relationships. One with a four foot blond who is the love of my life .. and 7 years old.. and a new intense relationship with a red and chrome metal lady who I am her bitch... But old man not so much..

Old 12-20-2009 | 12:09 AM
fox4
Road Master

Just a little on why those OCC bikes are customs and how maybe stock modified bikes are something else that they can never be...

This is my uncle's way of thinking (he is a very old, wise, and traditional biker haha) This guy he works with pulls up on an OCC that he just bought and says hey Don (my uncle) come check out my chopper. My uncle says well where is it? They guy says I'm sitting on it. My uncle says that's no chopper you didn't cut a damn thing on that bike! That is a custom bike you had some one build. He said he says the same thing when someone pulls up on a frame up built "bobber". He said the first thing he asks is well what did you take off or what color did it used to be? So to him stock traditional bikes are the only ones that can be made into choppers or bobbers. All the rest of those fancy bikes are custom motorcycles you had some one make for you. So in a way they could be considered stock??? So therefore stock customs??

I would much rather have a bad a$$ bobber or chopper than a custom motorcycle...

Old 12-20-2009 | 01:06 AM
lbfam730
Cruiser

Goinsideways, if you didn't already check out chopcult.com. they got lots of custom bikes u'r talking about. i got a lot of ideas from all the custom XL's they have on there. u'll enjoy it.

Old 12-20-2009 | 06:13 AM
Thundermug
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 1200efi
++++1 I would put my rear pegs down for her.
I'd be willing to ride bitch for her...

Old 12-20-2009 | 06:45 AM
SpoilSport
Outstanding HDF Member

With all of the "customs" out there a "real" custom can only be considered a "customized custom."

Old 12-20-2009 | 05:40 PM
goinsideways136
|
Road Captain

finally somebody who understands! watch out for the starbucks mafia!

Old 12-20-2009 | 10:36 PM
motordrum
Road Warrior

A Big Dog bike is more stock than my bike IMFUO. "Hey dude bro! Check out my sweet *** custom Big Dog custom chopper!" when it is neither a custom bike or a chopper. To me, a custom bike has been modified, a chopper has been chopped. a bobber has been stripped down to the bare essentials (if it doesn't make you go faster or stop faster you take it off). Again, this is just MY opinion. Everyone has a different take on this issue. Sure, you can win a "show" on a Big Dog at the local Hooters, But try to enter it at the Smokeout or say for example, Willie's Tropical Tattoo bike show, and you will most likely be laughed off the lot.

Old 12-21-2009 | 01:22 PM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member

who gives a fvck? really? i see your point sideways but fvck the drama. i know you didn't mod your sporty for the simple fact of winning "custom" shows did you? let those squids have their day in the sun while you reap a lifetime of memories on your bike. relax bro......

Old 12-22-2009 | 04:08 AM
capitalist_slave
Road Warrior
Question

Originally Posted by goinsideways136
What I do not understand why people call their bikes "custom" when they can buy the bike from the factory. That means some Joe Schmoe in another dealership has the same exact bike that is "custom"...WTF! Just to clarify, your bike is not custom unless YOU or somebody that knows what they are doing modifies and customizes the bike. I'm not claiming mine is a custom bike at all. Its a stripped down sportster. Now why is everyone these days calling their bikes custom?!!!

Thought you traded in your N for a Buell...? or am i thinkin' of someone else..??

Maybe you have both now... i forget

Quick Reply: What is a "Factory Custom"?