Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

suspended registration...

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 05:32 PM
JustDave71
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by midnight2005
legalized extortion is what it is.
A man who sees the truth for what it is. Glad to see there are more and more of us every day.

I honestly see change coming. Revolt, get rid of the tyranny of the extortionists, and get back to a life of freedom

registration is fine. I like the idea of there being a database of ownership. licensing should be done privately, and registration fees should be ONE TIME for each new owner.

we are being raped, and we DEFEND their actions

Old 12-13-2009, 10:37 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

Illinois requires insurance but you may store the vehicle and cancel the insurance during that period. The same goes for the smog test on cars.

What about a military person being sent overseas? Can't they store the vehicle without insurance and registration? It seems that there should be a difference between a person still driving and not being insured and one who puts a vehicle into storage.

Old 12-14-2009, 12:35 AM
Gpsjr10
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

In northern states where it gets cold, some people only insure their bikes for the summer... But for what it costs for full coverage for a whole year, I just pay the $200 for the year and I don't have to worry about it. If we get a few nice days in December or February, I'm good.

Old 12-14-2009, 02:00 AM
evanstock
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I have to send in my plate, proof of insurance and $50. Couple months from now, I'll be able to ride legally again. Lesson learned for not opening letters from my insurance company, a little too quick with the paper shredder. I still don't understand the suspension though, I understand having insurance, but why the punishment? I should be fine as long as I have insurance. Makes no sense to me...

Old 12-14-2009, 06:28 AM
kahaone
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by evanstock
I still don't understand the suspension though, I understand having insurance, but why the punishment? I should be fine as long as I have insurance. Makes no sense to me...
I guess that is intended to make sure you don't do the same thing next year....which I'm sure you won't now. Right?

Old 12-14-2009, 07:27 AM
PAsportster
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you should got an letter from pendot asking proof of insurance , they give you 3 weeks to show proof..

Old 12-14-2009, 08:31 AM
vindyl
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And becarefull when my friend sent in his tags the suspention did not start right away when he didnt get them back in 4 months he asked why. they told him they only got the plates 4 weeks ago which made his suspention all summer long. They will try to screw you over if they can. If I was you and you can do it in person (which he should have done) I'd say go to harrisburg turn them in and get proof that the suspention started right then and there. then you will have them back before riding season gets here. But as was said before if your married just put the bike in the wifes name and get a plate on it and ride it. You really have no reason them to ever put it back in your name. One way to beat the system. I really wouldn't sell it to a friend because once that title is in thier name it is thier bike.

Old 12-14-2009, 01:22 PM
JustDave71
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by evanstock
Well, I have to send in my plate, proof of insurance and $50. Couple months from now, I'll be able to ride legally again. Lesson learned for not opening letters from my insurance company, a little too quick with the paper shredder. I still don't understand the suspension though, I understand having insurance, but why the punishment? I should be fine as long as I have insurance. Makes no sense to me...
Because the government is full of punitive, vindictive ********.

Funny...the DMV is not a legislative, judicial, OR executive branch of the government and yet they mete out punishment and regulations as if they were all three.

It's ludicrous and something needs to be done.