Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Davidson Nightster Sportster Review article

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009 | 09:55 PM
Certainteed
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by greenstreetbob
You've owned one for 40,000 miles, are this unhappy and still own it? This needs no explaination. You are the problem-not the bike. You question people being "real bikers"? You've got to be kidding me. Sounds like you got your cues from some bad movies. You are way too young to be this much of an old roughian. You have to be the biggest posuer I've seen on here.
how many miles have you put on a nightster? how many miles have you put on any bike? do you even own a bike?

my grandma used to say that if you blindly throw a rock over a fence into a yard full of dogs, the one that yelps is the one that got hit. try to not let your inadequacies show.

being a biker aint rocket science. all you gotta do is ride a bike. you dont even have to dress like a pirate if you dont want too. now if you wanna be a hardcore biker, you gotta come ride with me. rain. sleet. snow. windstorms. 100 degrees. whatever. i carry groceries on it. i carry cat litter on it. i've hauled tires on it. i've passed a cop with a bag of oil/filters hanging from my teeth. i have no other transportation. just my bike. if i'm not a biker i don't know who is.

try to contain your jealousy. bitches can't help being bitches but a grown man should know better.

Old 10-13-2009 | 02:50 AM
capitalist_slave
Road Warrior
Thumbs up

Congratulations Certainteed, you're the coolest guy at Shenanigans!

Old 10-13-2009 | 08:36 AM
Certainteed
Outstanding HDF Member

i don't know what that is. please find some other leg to hump.

Old 10-13-2009 | 09:50 AM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Old 10-13-2009 | 10:07 AM
beanerblank
Tourer

I like motorcycles, air cooled, liquid cooled, 4 or 2 stroke. I think they are all fun. (but scooters do suck!)

Now to answer OPs question, I own an iron....So we'll call it even. So far it's alot of fun. My wife like to ride on the back, the stock rear shocks suck. But for $100 you can put touring shocks on and now it rides soo much better. Handling is good and the power is too much fun. I have put 350 miles on in a day. I could easily do more however life gets in the way. For me the bike fits really well.

On the other hand I would love to have more than 1 bike in the garage. And will have but for now I am enjoying what I have.

DISCLAIMER: All opinions are mine and mine alone. If you don't like them, I don't care.

Old 10-13-2009 | 11:15 AM
catlkn
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Certainteed
...now if you wanna be a hardcore biker, you gotta come ride with me. rain. sleet. snow. windstorms. 100 degrees. whatever. i carry groceries on it. i carry cat litter on it. i've hauled tires on it. i've passed a cop with a bag of oil/filters hanging from my teeth. i have no other transportation. just my bike. if i'm not a biker i don't know who is.

try to contain your jealousy. bitches can't help being bitches but a grown man should know better.
First time I've heard part of the the definition of "hardcore biker" being if you carry your kitty cat's litter on it!

Old 10-13-2009 | 11:29 AM
blackyck
Tourer

This thread gets better and better every day! Keep em coming guys!

Old 10-13-2009 | 11:42 AM
overhead
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by catlkn
First time I've heard part of the the definition of "hardcore biker" being if you carry your kitty cat's litter on it!
Holy cow, that is it. I cannot believe I missed it, I have to carry kitty litter. Is there a particular way I have to strap it to the bike for it to qualify? I am not carrying it in my teeth, no way. Do I actually have to go buy a cat? Does that cat have to ride bitch with me and carry the litter in it's lap?

Old 10-13-2009 | 12:48 PM
capitalist_slave
Road Warrior
Talking re:

Originally Posted by catlkn

I was skeptical too, but check his photo album, he's legit...

... on a related note, i'm trying to get a little more 'Hardcore' now that i've had my bike for about six months.

Can anyone recommend a good set of throw-over saddlebags for hauling catnip 1000+ miles..??

Last edited by capitalist_slave; 10-13-2009 at 12:49 PM. Reason: *
Old 10-13-2009 | 01:14 PM
blackyck
Tourer

Quick Reply: Harley Davidson Nightster Sportster Review article