Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Davidson Nightster Sportster Review article

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009 | 09:26 PM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by SHTFIT
For handling and a taste of something different, I'd love to pick up a Ducati Monster 696 or a Moto Guzzi Griso one day as a 2nd bike!
Ride any of the air-cooled Monsters and you'll wonder why HD has been thumbdicking all these years......

They weigh hundreds of pounds less and put out more TQ and HP.......they are frickin' awesome. I may pick up a used one in the spring. My friend is selling his to get a Streetfighter.

Old 10-10-2009 | 10:12 PM
DJ BNS
Advanced

lol i loved reading this .. bought my 09 two months ago and love it...i think everyone has there own opinion when it comes to this topic i was looking for more of a basic old school bike when i got mine and at this point my daily riding doesnt bother me but the 300 or 400 mile weekend is killer ...its worth it at this point untill i get a new seat but the nightsters overall appeal is undeniable

Old 10-10-2009 | 10:58 PM
blackyck
Tourer

Nothing that a nice bubble bath won't fix, huh?

Thats Funny!

Last edited by blackyck; 10-10-2009 at 11:05 PM.
Old 10-11-2009 | 12:27 AM
soup
Road Captain

Listen my ride has been down since June 26. That being said, I have always been, and always will be a sporty man. You can keep what you got. I will stick with my nightster.

Old 10-11-2009 | 12:55 PM
oinker02
Banned

I'm 56 and own 3 new Harleys-two of which are Sportsters-one of which is an Iron.
I've owned 14 scoots in my life(all Jap and Euro up til now) and none compare to my HD's.

Yeah, the other brand bikes handled better and were more reliable and had more power and all that, but trust me, they didn't excite me like my Harleys do now.

The frst time I got on a Harley, it was kinda awkward, but in ten minutes I knew what Harleys were all about and why they cost so much and endear so many to remain hardcore fans forever.

My goal is to own every model HD makes-to have them all lined up in the shop next to each other and to ride them all til my *** hurts.

That's the best I can explain it

Old 10-11-2009 | 02:24 PM
greenstreetbob
Road Master

You've owned one for 40,000 miles, are this unhappy and still own it? This needs no explaination. You are the problem-not the bike. You question people being "real bikers"? You've got to be kidding me. Sounds like you got your cues from some bad movies. You are way too young to be this much of an old roughian. You have to be the biggest posuer I've seen on here.

Originally Posted by Certainteed
heres a review:

it looks fantastic parked with its rear tire against the curb. riding it is fun, if you never ever go anywhere. its super-fast, compared to all the other tractor-type motorcycles.

handling is excellent if you don't treat it like a motorcycle. in the right hands, its capable of cornering as well if not better than most minivans. when leaned over on its jiffy-stand, few bikes can compare!

maintenance is nothing to worry about. just take it to harley, plunk down your money, and all your worries are gone. sure, you wont ever have to adjust valves (like other bikes), and that almost makes up for the swingarm bearings you'll replace every 30000 miles. maintenance schmaintenance.

tires are only slightly more expensive than you think. thanks to the innertubes. which are required on spoked wheels. spoked wheels look great if they're straight. all the more reason to never ride your hard-as-nails nightster because potholes can indeed bend spoked wheels. less riding leaves more time for cleaning those awesome spokes. and, you can always drink an ultra-cool PBR (non-profit organization who rebrands Miller products) while shining your new nightster because you sure wont be riding it while drunk (i hope).

with the nightsters' lowered suspension you'll have a reason to dig out grandpa's old kidney belt. no need to mince words here: only the hardcore can ride a bike like this (wink wink. knowing glance. secret handshake.)

honestly, the nightster isn't a very good motorcycle. i've owned one for 40,000 miles and i think my buying dollars could have been better spent on a bike for every-day riding, and a homebuilt chopper.

Old 10-12-2009 | 11:15 AM
BiggDogg
Outstanding HDF Member
Old 10-12-2009 | 03:10 PM
catlkn
Road Captain

Originally Posted by greenstreetbob
You've owned one for 40,000 miles, are this unhappy and still own it? This needs no explaination. You are the problem-not the bike. You question people being "real bikers"? You've got to be kidding me. Sounds like you got your cues from some bad movies. You are way too young to be this much of an old roughian. You have to be the biggest posuer I've seen on here.

Old 10-12-2009 | 03:44 PM
Mandog
Road Master
Old 10-12-2009 | 06:05 PM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by capitalist_slave

if you're wanting to trade your 'cheerleader' for the homely girl on the cross-country team, go ahead. The rest of us will buy ours a cookbook, get her buzzed on smirnoff, and we're already half-deaf from our pipes so the snoring won't be a problem

... And from one a-hole to another, joking aside, i do appreciate your honest opinions.
lmfao.

Quick Reply: Harley Davidson Nightster Sportster Review article