Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ANy thoughtsV&H ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 11:38 PM
outdoorgirl57
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ANy thoughtsV&H ?

OK guys..help a girl out here... For you folks that have been running V&H for awhile, has anyone had any problems with discoloration of the pipes? I really like the sound of V&H better than SE's, but have seen a couple bikes with discolored pipes after the change. I want my bike to sound good...but I also want it to stay looking good! Thanks!

Old 06-19-2006, 11:48 PM
SCS
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: ANy thoughtsV&H ?

My wife has an 06 883 Low and I put V&H Short Shots on it . The sound is incredible especially if you like a sharp loud bark. Plus the pipes are covered with chrome shields that have yet to discolor at all.

Old 06-19-2006, 11:50 PM
spikehyre
Road Master

The pipes do blue but V&H has head to tail show polish heat shields tht cover the pipes.....you get sound and looks.

Old 06-19-2006, 11:51 PM
spikehyre
Road Master

The pipes do blue but V&H has head to tail show polish heat shields tht cover the pipes.....you get sound and looks.

Old 06-20-2006, 02:40 AM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The pipes will only blue depending on how your carb jetting is setup. Any pipe will blue if it's not right. V&H makes a high quality very good pipe. You should not have any problems. And they sound awsome too!

Old 06-20-2006, 03:20 AM
skullcrusher
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My pipes havn't blued, and even if they did it wouldn't show because there's heat shelids over them. My stock harley pipes around the jugs, they blued! They sound great and i always get complements. People are suprised that sounds comming from just an 883. There's Straight Shot slip ons.

Old 06-21-2006, 10:39 AM
Curly61
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have Vance and Hines short shots on my bike and a 45 slow jet and a 180 main jet and about 2 1/4 turns out on the mixture screw and now my bike runs better then ever . I had the ICM reflashed to deal with the carb farts and even after still had them . I got rid of the screaming eagle pipes and this bike came to life . Absolutely no farts at all ! It will pull hard all the way to rev limiter without breaking down and by my seat of the pants dyno this thing is like a rocket . This motor can breathe. These pipes sound absolutely awesome . I have about 1000 miles on these pipes and I keep looking at them for color change and they are same as when I installed them . I do not think you will go wrong with Vance and Hines pipes you will definetly see increased performance after installing . You need to make sure carb is ajetted and adjusted properly and you will be happy . I farted around with this bike trying to get iot right for most of the last year and now I have finally found the right combination for this bike and am now very very happy.

Old 06-22-2006, 01:09 AM
sealbeachbum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Curly61, what air cleaner are you running? I just put V&H Short shots on my bike and now I need to go to a high flow air cleaner and rejet. Even without that my bike runs so much better and stronger with the new pipes. No more carb farts or dying at intersections just as the light turns green. Awesome pipes!

Old 06-22-2006, 02:35 AM
p2pants
Intermediate

After installing V&H shortshot and screamin eagle ac. I took my scoot to a local bike shop that specialize in harleys. They put in 48 slow and 170 main. idle speed was left as is and the idle mixture screw was turned out 2 1/2. No more carb farts for me. The pipes looks and sounds awsome. Factory jetts was 42 slow and 175 main. Shop guy said you can leave the main but make sure to change the slow if you do it yourslef. I have a 2006 883. hope that helps.

Old 06-22-2006, 07:34 AM
francos
Cruiser

hı there ,

Take a look to Samson new BG3 serıes also , ıncorporated heatshıelds , nıce deep sound , the only thıng ıs that ı had to take out the engıne guard to make fıt the pıpes , ı got Samson BG3 street sweeper and love them . V&H ıs also very nıce . actually nearly all pıpes gets blue near the exıt of cylınder , but full heatshıelds do the job very well . ( just my opınıon )

Heres a lınk for SAMSON

Look under new products.

Enjoy your rıde

Quick Reply: ANy thoughtsV&H ?