Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loudest Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 03:08 PM
crobinson1324
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree with both of you but i lean more towards sbergloff. i dont care what others think, i like what i like, i ride what i ride. the problem is that americans have bc too soft and care more about who they can sue and complain about more than there personal rights. if they werent legal, they wouldnt sell them. its your liberal enviromentalist that ruin things for everyone...

Old 09-15-2009, 03:11 PM
MechsHands
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cpitch
its the rider not the pipes.....................
I have to agree with you there Cpitch. A considerate rider can make a loud bike quiet and an obnoxious rider can still be an annoyance with a stock bike. Username17 is a fine example of this. He apparently is considerate and thoughtful of his neighbors. I wish mor eriders woudl be like he is.

Before I got riding I had a neighbor that insisted on letting the whole world know he has his bike and was on it. It was especially annoying at oh dark 30. It was riders like him that caused so many restrictions to occur and I actually knew an area that it was nearly impossible to find a rental place that would allow you to have a bike. They even had restrictions for your guests thats how bad it was. If they came in on a bike, especially a loud one, then you got violated on your lease. It was at least peaceful. However, I still find it annoying now that I ride. Working on the bike is one thing. Riding it intentionally loud with alot of reving is quite another.

MH

Old 09-15-2009, 04:05 PM
fastkevin
Tourer

Originally Posted by snacks63
dont put on loud exhaust no wonder people make fun of the new generation of bikers im with you the louder the better the rest of you can go buy a toyota prius
I've been riding for over 20-years. Most people that have been riding that long get it. It's the ignorant ones that don't.

Old 09-15-2009, 04:28 PM
fastkevin
Tourer

Originally Posted by crobinson1324
if they werent legal, they wouldnt sell them. its your liberal enviromentalist that ruin things for everyone...
They AREN'T legal! If you took a minute and educated yourself, you'd know this. They're sold under the guise of 'not for street use" and being for "closed course competition use only". That's how the manufacturers (think they) get around it. DJ alone was sued for around $25 million, and settled. That's why they have the "street' PC, while still offering the regular one, but clearly marking it "not for street use"
Originally Posted by crobinson1324
i want one that will wake the neighbors and make the baby cry. rider comfort really isnt an issue for me bc my comfort is in hearin those 2 sledge hammer pistons rattlin my ribs and shakin car windows.
What gives you the right to 'wake the neighbors and make their babies cry"? You think it's only the 'liberal environmentalists" that have a problem with this?
I guaranty you even the most staunch supporter of the 'loud pipes' argument would have a problem if you rode by his house and woke up him and his sleeping baby.
I don't know whether to laugh at your ignorance, or to get pissed that there's actually people out there like you representing me.
The funniest part about this whole thing is you think when you rumble around whacking your throttle open, others around you think to themselves "Wow...there goes a real cool dude". To the contrary, they're actually thinking mommy must not have given you enough attention as a child, so you're trying to get it now.
Either that, or you're trying to compensate for other 'shortcomings'.

Old 09-15-2009, 04:43 PM
Xenomorph
Tourer

The LOUDER the better
Rumble on...

Keep riding and stay safe

Old 09-15-2009, 05:10 PM
Bludgeon
Intermediate

Originally Posted by fastkevin
Please reconsider your 'need' to put the loudest pipes you can find on your bike.
All it does is irritate the poor people stuck next to you at the light or in traffic, or are in their house eating dinner when you come rumbling by. Loud pipes are the single biggest issue being used to take away motorcyclist's rights currently, and HD's are the biggest single contributor(s) to the problem. But don't take my word for it.. Check with the AMA, and/or google it. It's already a violation of federal law to tamper with or remove and replace your stock exhaust(save for a few 'approved' S/O's), but for the most part, the only people being targeted are the ones with obnoxiously loud pipes. Unfortunately if they don't get a handle on it, they're gonna be hitting anyone and everyone with aftermarket exhausts on their bikes. Even those of us who do it responsibly.
When you purchase a motorcycle you do take on some responsibilities. One of which is not doing anything to screw it up for all the rest of us out there riding too..
Please take it seriously and educate yourself on how to be a responsible motorcyclist. The AMA is a good place to start, but there's also a ton of other resources out there as well.
This whole thing makes me sick. You need to sell your Harley to a MAN and buy a nice quiet law-abiding Honda. What ever happened to live free, fight the man, and if you don't like the noise law don't abide by it, fight it. *** them and telling me how to mod my bike. That being said, I agree with Cpitch its not the pipes its the guy revving them at 2 a.m. outside your house that's killing it for you guys, which I don't do btw. I don't say this because I have loud pipes or like them, I say this because the freedom belt is getting tight and I see more ppl trying to help tighten it instead of taking the damn thing off... and sorry for preaching I never do but just got sick of seeing the sheep being herded in the last place I thought I would see it, in the HD world!

Old 09-15-2009, 05:39 PM
fastkevin
Tourer

Originally Posted by Bludgeon
This whole thing makes me sick. You need to sell your Harley to a MAN and buy a nice quiet law-abiding Honda.
The way I see it is, you need to make yourself a MAN, instead of hoping that buying a particular bike and installing straight pipes will do it for you.

Old 09-15-2009, 05:39 PM
Cpitch
Road Master

LOL this is getting better...i wonder how many pages this is gonna go on for.

Old 09-15-2009, 05:51 PM
wispsport
Novice

Is this one of those " you can own a gun but you can't own loud pipes " discussions ?

Amusing at least .... LOL

Last edited by wispsport; 09-15-2009 at 05:54 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:01 PM
Bludgeon
Intermediate

Originally Posted by fastkevin
The way I see it is, you need to make yourself a MAN, instead of hoping that buying a particular bike and installing straight pipes will do it for you.
Well I can see my point didn't land at all but that's ok little sheep keep bleating but there's a line you need to fall into so you better grab your polo shirt and hurry up don't wanna miss it.
I'm done wasting time with you now but feel free to keep going if you like.

Quick Reply: Loudest Exhaust