Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Over 150k...now the trouble starts

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 01:00 AM
Trex
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice web site chesshirecat,you sure keep the bike lookin clean for the miles you pile on.Sounds like you really love that bike so fix whatever needs fixin and do another 150000.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:42 AM
danktat
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

150k....now that is some riding! I can only hope to get that many miles on my bike.

Old 09-13-2009, 06:09 AM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

150K is quite a feat and your photos are cool as hell. Thanks for sharing.

Old 09-13-2009, 11:33 AM
chesshirecat
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are you the blond????

Lord no....I'm not in many of the pictures at all.
IF you happen across a fat chick dressed in black...mud specked from head to toe after spending time on the ATV trail in West Virginia....then you've found me.

I'm not a fashion diva, a beauty queen, nor even close to being "cute" anymore... I'm just a woman who rides....

Once I figure this site out...I will put up a picture for you guys.

Old 09-13-2009, 11:40 AM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Wow, 150K and no more problems than you've had is almost unheard of. I'm assuming from reading your post and blog that you are still on the original drive belt?

FYI, if the front sprocket is that worn, it's probably time to replace the belt and BOTH sprockets.

Great post and keep it coming.

Old 09-13-2009, 11:47 AM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by cHarley
Wow, 150K and no more problems than you've had is almost unheard of. I'm assuming from reading your post and blog that you are still on the original drive belt?

FYI, if the front sprocket is that worn, it's probably time to replace the belt and BOTH sprockets.

Great post and keep it coming.

LOL Yuh cHarley prolly has a ton of questions just for stats. lol

Kinda like a scientific find. lol

Last edited by xFreebirdx; 09-13-2009 at 11:49 AM.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:57 AM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by xFreebirdx
LOL Yuh cHarley prolly has a ton of questions just for stats. lol
Hehe, yea, rule of thumb on a drive belt has always been around 75 - 80K miles. Going 150K while crisscrossing the US on the original belt usually takes something only a guy has a pair of. (No offense chesshirecat , I can't stand a wimpy woman anyway )

Old 09-13-2009, 11:58 AM
old skool1983
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

good stuff 150k, don't have much else to say, not situated to ride that much.

did you say you where still on your original clutch??? that just blows me away.

yeah i would say your the exception to the rule, most folks don't get that on a bike...they trade in for some reason.

i like yr bags

Old 09-13-2009, 12:23 PM
chesshirecat
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, same clutch...but it's really slippin bad now...needed that freshened a year ago...been holding back...till the season ends...I my guess is it's ended about for me. This is gonna cost me quite a few greenbacks.....

Don't get me wrong guys, I have had to have some work done on the oil pump...I've had three top ends done...one was quite major...replacing jugs and such. Jugs changed out because my last top end put me at +.30 on the pistons...couldn't drill no more out of that shaft if ya get m drift...

I am hard on my bikes...I have had to replace a warped brake disc in the rear...brakes locked up on me on the 101 freeway in LA. Had to force her to ride six miles with rear brakes dragging so bad the rotor was red hot...and dished....I was much too close to Watts...in fact I was at the Watts off ramp when it all happened. Keep on keepin on ladies...I'm gone! LOL

I've replaced the ignition switch four times...had to rewire from the harness to the switch cuz I ran out of wire....

I've had a bike go down in front of me, causing me to run up over the guy riding the bike, and then up over his bike....and having my bike ride his bike on their sides down the road 80 feet. Only messed up the clutch lever, the highway pegs, the exhaust bracket, and the jiffy stand...nothing else was messed up on my bike...his was almost totaled....She's been really, really good to me....kept me alive in some bad situations...almost killed me in others...It's the luck of the draw...but ya have to figure...that since I'm still here to type about it...she must have some good ju-ju about her.

Oh a few more things...but this one comes to mind first...I've replaced the speedo on my bike once...the cable has been replaced five times, and the drive gear for the speedo once. I run more often without a speedo then with cuz it pisses me off to keep replacing the damn cables.

Last edited by chesshirecat; 09-13-2009 at 12:29 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:02 PM
Ric27
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great post! 150K that is awesome. I'm sure you know what to do to get you bike back on the road. I look forward to hearing more form you.

Ric

Quick Reply: Over 150k...now the trouble starts