Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dreaming, I'm sure... but mustache bar for a Nightster?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 10:45 PM
sajackson
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not a mustache bar and not a Nightser but both are close. Here is a couple pics of my XL883L with a Lindby Multibar...

BTW, the Multibar does come in a black version.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:23 AM
Steeler
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ridding positions.

All the years i rode jap bikes i developed a habit of riding either both legs back on the passener pegs or one forward one back.I',m so comortable in that position that the nighster mid control option was the only choice for me.I can ride for hours in that style.

Attached Thumbnails Dreaming, I'm sure... but mustache bar for a Nightster?-coastal-ride-b-and-w.jpg  
Old 09-01-2009, 09:16 AM
Gpsjr10
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Maybe a local fab shop or a friend that works in a maintenance dept. can make a set up for you cheap. Weld 2 tabs to a piece of 1/2 inch pipe for the bar, bend it where it's comfy, use u-bolts to mount to the frame, get them powder coated, and use bicycle grips for the pegs. Just a thought.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:09 AM
Charles:
Tourer

There are 2 bolt holes on the front of the frame right above where the downtubes start to bend towards the back of the bike. I bought 2-2" bolts, drilled 2 holes into a piece of pipe and bolted it to the frame. Paint it, throw on some bicycle grips and you have a highway bar for under 15 bucks. I'm 6" and can barely reach it with my feet (I actually need to take it to a muffler shop and have them put some bends in it to bring back some), so unless you're taller than me, that should be plenty 'o distance for you.
And I will say that even given my height, I prefer the mids over forwards, and on long rides, like Certainteed, I would rather use the passenger pegs and lean forward for a bit as opposed to using the forwards and having to hold on tighter to the bars.

Old 09-01-2009, 05:38 PM
1200efi
Tourer
Smile

Originally Posted by midnight2005
Well Tara, I have not researched it but it looks like enough room anywhere on the down tubes below the horn would work. I do not know of any brands but a universal set should work. I would check into those pegs that work without a mustache bar.

http://www.customdynamics.com/harley_highway_pegs.htm
here are some ideas
Hi, Denniskirk.com has the #7868 in stock for $140.39 and I think that is free shipping. Hope this helps. Ride safe

Old 09-01-2009, 08:22 PM
SuburbanMom
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ok, well, I am completely retarded. *smacks head* One of my friends told me that bar that sajackson has on his bike was called a mustache bar. When I googled the actual mustache bar, it looks like handlebars. Don't like that look AT ALL!!

So the type of bar that sajackson has on his bike, is that available for a Nightster? What is that called?

sajackson, can you please post a photo of it from the front??

Old 09-02-2009, 07:04 AM
packer
Cruiser

Mom,
I seem to remember seeing a bar of what you are talking in the 2007-2008
MOCO catalogue. It is in the shape of the HD Shield.
it was Black and on a nightster
HD Shield Engine/crash bar
I will see if I can find it

Old 09-02-2009, 07:36 AM
Beaulaplante
Intermediate

what you are looking for is a multibar or an engine guard to add highway pegs. What sajackson has is a multibar made by Lindby Custom. It includes the rubber footrests at the top and is shaped like the Harley shield. Available is chrome or black. Lots of them floating over on ebay. Here is the link to the manufacturer: http://lindbycustom.com/

Old 09-02-2009, 10:54 AM
sajackson
Road Master

Originally Posted by SuburbanMom
Ok, well, I am completely retarded. *smacks head* One of my friends told me that bar that sajackson has on his bike was called a mustache bar. When I googled the actual mustache bar, it looks like handlebars. Don't like that look AT ALL!!

So the type of bar that sajackson has on his bike, is that available for a Nightster? What is that called?

sajackson, can you please post a photo of it from the front??
Yes the Multibar will fit a Nightster (the Nightster is pretty much the same bike as an 883L) and comes in chrome and black. It is kinda pricey but the quality is top notch. I got mine much cheaper than the MSRP, yet bought it new. So look around and you can find one for a good price.

I'll try to dig up a front view photo.

Old 09-02-2009, 11:03 AM
sajackson
Road Master

Ok here ya go...

Quick Reply: Dreaming, I'm sure... but mustache bar for a Nightster?