Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Bags or something

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 10:41 PM
06 roadster
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Bags or something

I need something to throw my stuff in when I ride. I ride my bike everyday right now to work or really anywhere I go. I wear a back pack right now and that is getting old real quick. I thought about saddle bags but dont know if they will go good with my roadster. I like the clean look but also want some place I can throw my jacket and odd and ends into. so it looks like it is going to be bags, I want cheap right now too. Any ideas or pictures of roadster storage? Would I have to relocate my turn signals so fit bags on? Looks like they would be in the way.

Old 08-29-2009, 11:33 PM
missannies
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a pair of saddlebags for sale in the sportster classified section, or email me and I'll send you the info. I'm asking $300 for them, but am willing to entertain offers. They're great bags. Am not really sure if they'll fit you bike, but part numbers are listed in the ad.

Old 08-30-2009, 05:55 PM
wanabe
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yup pretty sure that you will have to relocate the turn signals... i just bought the kit to do that last week so i can put bags on mine too.
there might be some small bags that can work without the relocation, but they didnt seem to hold much. relocate and they you can use whatever you want.

Old 08-30-2009, 06:44 PM
06 roadster
Novice

what can of recolating kit did you get. I been wanting to relocate mine anyways, was there something to fill the holes in on the struts?

Old 08-30-2009, 07:51 PM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I've always thought that this was a better looking relo kit than the HD one.

This winter I'm gong to put it on my wife's Sporty.

http://greatbikegear.com/products/Ea...NA.htm#Softail

Old 08-31-2009, 06:20 AM
SHOAT
Road Master

faber - That is much nicer than the standard relocation kit. Wish I had found this when I relocated mine.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:53 AM
HOTLAP
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

I bought a set of universal fit black canvas bags that are throw overs, the rear strap goes over the passenger part of the seat and the front strap goes under my but on the rider part of the seat, there are two straps per side that go around the shock and signal light, takes about one minute to install or remove it. They are great for ocasional use but probably wouldn't last more than a few years with daily use. Got them as a kit including a magnetic tank bag for $89.99.
I don't have any pics but can take one if your interested.
Not sure if this link will work but this is the set.
http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows...ombo%2BSet.jsp

Old 08-31-2009, 12:55 PM
jbg
Road Warrior

If you've already got the detachable sissy bar, then I'd recommend just getting a nice solo/roll bag for the back of the bike. You can get a HD or T-bag for about $120 retail. I did what you're thinking of doing and if I could undo it, I would. You'll need to change to a solid sissy bar if you want to run throw over bags. It's much nicer to just put a bag over the bar and rest it on a rack. But that's just my $0.02.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:20 PM
Healey2Harley
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use the small roll bag on the sissy bar for daily use also. We use full t-bags for traveling.

Attached Thumbnails Need Bags or something-hpim1446.jpg  
Old 08-31-2009, 01:39 PM
Flatlander
Road Warrior

I have some throw over bags on mine. They are cheap(not real leather) but are reinforced and have held up for a year with no real signs of wear. They were $100, hot leather is the brand. They taper towards the rear so I didn't have to relocate rear turn signals which I liked. I don't like the way relocated turn signals look when the bags aren't on, and I only put the bags on when I have to.

Quick Reply: Need Bags or something