Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warranty.. Can not believe it!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 01:08 PM
fox4
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Warranty.. Can not believe it!!!

So around 3 weeks ago I took my bike in to the dealer I bought my bike from for a stain that is on my tank under the paint. It was from spilling gas on the paint and then the gas some how getting through the clear coat. The guy in the service department took some pictures of the stain and said he would contact the MoCo about whether it would fall under warranty. Well yesterday the dealer calls me back and says he has bad news, the MoCo will not warrant the bad clear coat. Then he said the good news is, we are going to warranty it at the dealer level since you bought the bike here and that shouldn't happen.

I could not believe it! I didn't have to do any arguing or anything! That is world class customer service for sure!

Fyi the dealer is Indy West in Plainfield, IN.

Old 08-26-2009, 01:10 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Kudos for them ... Dealers like that are getting Rare...

Old 08-26-2009, 01:22 PM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

yeah good dealers are few and far between. mills' in burlington, nj would do anything to satisfy their customers so it was a no brainer to buy there. good luck fox!

Old 08-26-2009, 01:51 PM
Xenomorph
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow! The people at my stealership are f&#^$%g idiots!

Congrats on the positive response!

Old 08-26-2009, 01:54 PM
Haulen Ass
Former Sponsor
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Sweet deal dude. Its that effort that makes the difference.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:34 PM
203Cree
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by fox4
So around 3 weeks ago I took my bike in to the dealer I bought my bike from for a stain that is on my tank under the paint. It was from spilling gas on the paint and then the gas some how getting through the clear coat. The guy in the service department took some pictures of the stain and said he would contact the MoCo about whether it would fall under warranty. Well yesterday the dealer calls me back and says he has bad news, the MoCo will not warrant the bad clear coat. Then he said the good news is, we are going to warranty it at the dealer level since you bought the bike here and that shouldn't happen.

I could not believe it! I didn't have to do any arguing or anything! That is world class customer service for sure!

Fyi the dealer is Indy West in Plainfield, IN.
Why would you possibly expect that to be covered under warranty? That's not a factory problem or flaw, that's a from a dumbass not filling the tank properly and not wiping it down when they're done.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:50 PM
tumbleweed883
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 203Cree
Why would you possibly expect that to be covered under warranty? That's not a factory problem or flaw, that's a from a dumbass not filling the tank properly and not wiping it down when they're done.
I believe in Fox4's original post about this he did wipe it down right away, but visible signs of damage happened with-in a couple of minutes. In all my years of accidentally spilling gas down the side of my car, on the lawn mower deck, and even some on my bike...it has never stained.

On a side note I sure hope you dont spill gas on your bike. Would hate to have to get on here and call you a dumbass for making a very common error.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:59 PM
TittiesOnTwo
Road Master

For the guy above...
If the paint and clear coat aren't cured properly or there isn't enough hardener in the mix the paint will bubble or blister almost immediately when it comes into contact with gasoline.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:01 PM
203Cree
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by tumbleweed883
I believe in Fox4's original post about this he did wipe it down right away, but visible signs of damage happened with-in a couple of minutes. In all my years of accidentally spilling gas down the side of my car, on the lawn mower deck, and even some on my bike...it has never stained.

On a side note I sure hope you dont spill gas on your bike. Would hate to have to get on here and call you a dumbass for making a very common error.
Nope, I don't, and if I did I wouldn't expect anyone to fix it. Especially denim paint.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:03 PM
TittiesOnTwo
Road Master

Wow isn't someone a little grouchy this evening.....

Quick Reply: Warranty.. Can not believe it!!!