Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Didn't even kiss me first

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009 | 07:29 PM
soup
|
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Didn't even kiss me first

With-out going into a lot of detail, and what if's. MoCo had decided that not only are they NOT going to replace my engine, they have voided my warranty for this and any future problems I may have with my bike. Reason........... Basanni Pipes, and SERT!! Even though they have authorized at least three previous repairs on Medusa they have decided they are done with her. I am now on the hook for a brand new engine ( provided I can some how find the $3500.00 it's gonna cost me to replace) So, as of now I am the proud owner of a $15,000.00 bird feeder. I honestly do not know which direction I am gonna go with this. I still have the dealer loaner but I'm sure they are getting ready to pull the plug on that. To say that there is tension in my house would be the understatement of the year. I waited 14 years to buy this bike! That is how long it was between Medusa, and my previous Sportster. Dealer recommended and installed parts don't mean squat, and customer loyalty is a joke. I have ridden Harley's ( all sportsters ) my entire life, and have never had any problems with any of them until now. Some hard decisions are on the horizon. Thanks for everyone's support during this debacle. Regardless of the outcome, Harley has lost a customer. Not that they are overly concerned.

Old 08-15-2009 | 07:36 PM
crazytrain69
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Soup that is friggin retarded! Sorry about this! That was the best damn bike i have ever laid my 2 eyes on. Them Jack asses suggested all that junk and they void your warranty. I would still have to take this to a different level. They owe you big time.

Old 08-15-2009 | 07:52 PM
killer scott
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That sucks. Good luck with whatever you do. Can't blame you if you never come back to HD.

Old 08-15-2009 | 08:02 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You'll have a hard time getting rid of it non running.Shop around, get it running as cheap as possible, and sell it. Buy something else.

Old 08-15-2009 | 08:03 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Something definitely doesn't sound right here. Not sure what's wrong with the engine but I doubt it was caused by the pipes and SERT; especially since the SERT is a an HD product installed by HD dealers. You need to continue pushing your service manager to get the claim approved. Additionally, you need to get in contact with someone from the MoCo higher up in the food chain. Hell, if you really have a good case, I'd send the CEO a letter and get in touch with his office. Good luck.

Old 08-15-2009 | 08:08 PM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Dam Soup man I'm sorry they're playing you like this.

Old 08-15-2009 | 08:14 PM
harper764
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that **** sucks man, but instead of replacing it for 3500, why not just rebuild it with some good parts for less than half that. you may end up with a much better performing bike in the long rud. check out nrhs performance. the specialize in sportster performance. you believe it or not, can even punch that thing out to an 88" monster. why not?? i cant blame you for bein pissed at the moco, but thats still got the potential to be a hot fkn bike dude!

Old 08-15-2009 | 09:13 PM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

There is obviously much more to the story.

Contact the MoCo directly. You'll get your straight answer there.

And if it doesn't go your way.

Do like Harper said. Find an indy and rebuild the thing. Or do it yourself, if you have the tools, etc. You probably would have done that work sooner or later. Do it now.

Or buy a nice S&S and post pics of your new birdfeeder.

Old 08-15-2009 | 09:29 PM
soup
|
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by faber
There is obviously much more to the story.

Contact the MoCo directly. You'll get your straight answer there.

And if it doesn't go your way.

Do like Harper said. Find an indy and rebuild the thing. Or do it yourself, if you have the tools, etc. You probably would have done that work sooner or later. Do it now.

Or buy a nice S&S and post pics of your new birdfeeder.
you can do a search and read about the whole story

Old 08-15-2009 | 09:56 PM
mreed
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I think I've followed this saga from the beginning and this is definitely not what I was hoping to hear as the final outcome (on their part). I feel bad for you man...sorry.

Quick Reply: Didn't even kiss me first