Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's all in the name

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 05:42 AM
humpyy57
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's all in the name

Rode the Tail of the Dragon yesterday,while it was a very nice ride the only thing that makes it any better than anything else in the area is someone was smart enough to give that section a scary name.Getting to and leaving that section of road was just as awsome.So if you want some really great riding go to Tennesee and North Carolina and ride any stretch of road. "IF YOU NAME IT THEY WILL COME!"

Old 08-04-2009, 07:56 AM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I agree. Love to ride the Dragon, and am a frequent flier. But, there are other roads in the area that are just about as much fun. Sometimes more so, depending on the traffic level on the Dragon. It's just that the Dragon has the fame.

Old 08-04-2009, 08:13 AM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Yep,just about all roads in my neck of the woods are awesome,except no fame = no cops

Old 08-04-2009, 08:31 AM
HarleyScuba
Grand HDF Member
Received 125 Likes on 106 Posts

It's just a road.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:19 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by FastHoss
Yep,just about all roads in my neck of the woods are awesome,except no fame = no cops
Isn't Oklahoma almost all FLAT??

Old 08-04-2009, 12:50 PM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member

SportyPig you sound like my friends in California.The ones that have come out to visit don't want to go home.They can't believe the good riding around here.There was a few that didn't want to come out because of the tornados,guess that's how most think of the earth quakes in Calif.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:20 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member

Sorry man. I've been in Oklahoma (California too), I thought you were joking. Except for the southeast area of OK, the map and terrain looks like a checkerboard.

I guess it's all in what kind of riding you like to do, just couldn't see that being a serious statement on a thread that was started about the Dragon Tail.

It's all good....Ride safe out there!

Oh, and I can understand why friends from Calif wouldn't want to go back......Who would.

Last edited by SportyPig; 08-04-2009 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:28 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by SportyPig
Sorry man. I've been in Oklahoma (California too), I thought you were joking. Except for the southeast area of OK, the map and terrain looks like a checkerboard.

I guess it's all in what kind of riding you like to do, just couldn't see that being a serious statement on a thread that was started about the Dragon Tail.

It's all good....Ride safe out there!

Oh, and I can understand why friends from Calif wouldn't want to go back......Who would.
Hehe, yep, I'd have to agree. Been through Oklahoma many times and I don't know how anyone could begin to compare that boring state to eastern TN or western NC unless they haven't been there. I could care less if I never had to set foot in OK again, what an arm pit.

Old 08-04-2009, 02:47 PM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member

The Talimena parkway is a noted and great ride,so is just getting to it.Just right over the border is Mt.Magazine in Ar.the mountain is good but all the roads there are really great.There is very good riding and and beautiful landscape around the many lakes in this part of OK.All of the back roads in the eastern part that I have been on are really great!Also many parts of route 66 are there for the seeing.

Old 08-04-2009, 02:47 PM
seikan1
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have never ridden the dragon, and I understand it is awesome, but I was thinking about it the other day as I was riding to my brother's house here in WV. There are some really great roads that are fun to ride and some can scare the %^&( out of you. And if the curves and drop offs aren't enough, imagine dodging a speeding coal truck at the same time you are negociating a tough turn.

Quick Reply: It's all in the name