Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Commander V Map

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 02:34 PM
rietherll
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Commander V Map

Hello,

I purchased a PCV from FuelMoto.. they sent me a baseline map for my setup which is 2009 883 Iron, Stock ECM, Arlen Ness Stage One and V&H Shortshots.. I have noticed that there is some popping on decel. I was wondering if anyone on here has the same setup that I have with a dynoed map or map that runs perfectly that they could send me... Any help would be appreciated. I called fuelmoto and they told me to tinker with the 0 map column, dont want to pester them alot so I was just hoping someone could share a map with me..... Thanks

Old 07-29-2009, 03:41 PM
crazytrain69
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pester them, i did and if something gets off i pester them again. that is what they are ther for. they are really good people and give great service.

Old 07-29-2009, 04:17 PM
midnight2005
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can call power commander also. ! thing people do not know is that if you installed the pipes prior to installing the pcv, you need to have the dealer remap it back to factory. They should do this for free. Power commander people helped me alot.

Old 07-29-2009, 04:31 PM
rietherll
Advanced

Right, I installed the PCV first.. I contacted DynoJet, they are useless and no help, they just directed me to their Downloads page and told me to download the pack of maps and install the one thats closest to my mods.. I know that I am not the only one on here that has the AC/Exhaust setup with a Power Commander.. Hoping someone will have a tuned map that they would send to me....

Originally Posted by midnight2005
you can call power commander also. ! thing people do not know is that if you installed the pipes prior to installing the pcv, you need to have the dealer remap it back to factory. They should do this for free. Power commander people helped me alot.

Old 07-29-2009, 06:34 PM
Recon Dad
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can call power commander also. Power commander people helped me alot.
I also had good helpful service from Dynojet.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:02 PM
tristan2ride
5th Gear

I'm having the same problem... popping on decel and seems like it's running hot... with a fuel moto PCV and Big Sucker. What do you mean the dealer has to remap back to factory? I had my Rush slip on's installed before the PCV.

Old 07-30-2009, 12:55 AM
tom071200c
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not to burst your bubble, but I don't think too many people are stoked about sharing a custom tune that they went and paid good money for. Not to mention every bike reacts to tunes differently. Which is why the Fuelmoto map doesn't run exactly right on your bike even though it ran top notch on their tester. IF you don't want to mess with it yourself, you will have to take it somewhere to be dyno tuned. Unless there is someone feeling VERY giving here on the forum. Good luck..

Old 07-30-2009, 07:32 AM
killer scott
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tristan2ride
I'm having the same problem... popping on decel and seems like it's running hot... with a fuel moto PCV and Big Sucker. What do you mean the dealer has to remap back to factory? I had my Rush slip on's installed before the PCV.
I think hes talking about how the FI system adjusts to your pipes... When you changed the stock setup, the fuel system had to adjust, and can make small adjustments without a fuel manager. So now you are putting the PCV on and it assumes that your FI system is set to original condition when it is actually adjusted to work with the pipes you put on. I think there is a way to reset it that is pretty simple if I'm remembering right. Anyone know? I'll have to check my service manual.

Old 07-30-2009, 12:52 PM
rietherll
Advanced

Well believe it or not, there are still people out there willing to help people out, if anyone WAS willing to offer, i would offer them some cash for their troubles. I am not looking for handouts, just help!!

Originally Posted by tom071200c
Not to burst your bubble, but I don't think too many people are stoked about sharing a custom tune that they went and paid good money for. Not to mention every bike reacts to tunes differently. Which is why the Fuelmoto map doesn't run exactly right on your bike even though it ran top notch on their tester. IF you don't want to mess with it yourself, you will have to take it somewhere to be dyno tuned. Unless there is someone feeling VERY giving here on the forum. Good luck..

Old 07-30-2009, 01:06 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

call or email FM - they have been very helpful resolving my issues after i purchase a PCV and had to try few maps till it all got right..

Quick Reply: Power Commander V Map