Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Commander V Map

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 02:05 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,164 Likes on 1,356 Posts

Originally Posted by rietherll
Hello,

I purchased a PCV from FuelMoto.. they sent me a baseline map for my setup which is 2009 883 Iron, Stock ECM, Arlen Ness Stage One and V&H Shortshots.. I have noticed that there is some popping on decel. I was wondering if anyone on here has the same setup that I have with a dynoed map or map that runs perfectly that they could send me... Any help would be appreciated. I called fuelmoto and they told me to tinker with the 0 map column, dont want to pester them alot so I was just hoping someone could share a map with me..... Thanks
If you do not feel comfortable revising your map and would like us to make some revisions for you just give us a call and we can take care of it for you. We are here to help

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 07-31-2009, 07:56 PM
Recon Dad
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would check for an exhaust leak for the decel problem. Make sure the nuts that hold the front of the pipes at the cylinder heads are torqued to 96-120 in/lbs.

Old 09-19-2009, 05:41 AM
SportsterPapa
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Way to go Jamie Long! Fuel Moto has offered to help!

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
If you do not feel comfortable revising your map and would like us to make some revisions for you just give us a call and we can take care of it for you. We are here to help
You may have just sold some more product! Your offer to help is what more vendors should be doing. If I decide to go the stage1 one route I will certainly like to buy from a vendor that offers to help

Old 09-19-2009, 11:31 PM
fastkevin
Tourer

Look...it'd be a lot quicker for you just to adjust it yourself, than to get someone to send you a map. All you need to do is load up the CD that came with the PC5, plug the cord into the PC on the bike, click on "get map", and whalah... You're there. You'll just raise the numbers in the 0% throttle cells (boxes), click "send map"(make sure your kill and ign switches are both on when you click "send"), unplug from the PC, and go ride. If it solved it GREAT. If it made it better, plug it back in and add more. If it got worse, plug back in and make it less.
It's really like a 2-minute operation...
BTW- this info is in your instructions as well.
I'd be more than happy to walk you through this as you're doing it if you want. PM me if you want the help, and I'll shoot you my phone number.
Like I wrote...it's super easy, and it never hurts to learn about your bike anyway.

Last edited by fastkevin; 09-19-2009 at 11:33 PM.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:13 AM
LoFatBoy
Cruiser

I finally took mine to HD and had them dyno the bike with the PCV. It's like a whole new bike. At 1st I had the SERT with a caned tune, then went with the PCV and another caned tune. Know that is has been dynode, it's it is as different as night and day.
Just my .02

Old 04-08-2012, 12:55 AM
cagedodger
Advanced

Like the above guy said man. My nightster ran like hell with a PCV short shots and stage 1 ac. I swore it was something I did wrong man. Finally I took it to the dealer and got it dynotuned for 200 bucks. My nightster runs perfect now. Take that **** to the shop and get it dynotuned. Money well spent

Old 04-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Ployd4
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When you get a dyno tune done do they flash the changes to your ECM, or do you still need a fuel management device i.e. Power Commander? I don't have a problem getting it tuned but if you need to do both you mine as well get a device with an auto tune. (Unless you aren't computer savvy) Seems like a Power Vision would be about the same price as PCV and Dyno.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:41 PM
cpracing519
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a basic map in my PCV for my pipes/AC set up. It popped on decel and had no top end. I finally decided to take my 1200 48 to the dyno shop and he totally re-mapped it. Best $200 I ever spent! Bike has tons of power from 1st all the way through 5th. Plus alot more top end and hardly any decel popping. Gained 7HP out of the motor. Went from semi-modded(stock motor, exotic choppers pipes, RSD air cleaner, PCV) with 74 Hp to after the dyno 81 Hp.
Here is the dyno sheet. Hope this helps you some.

Old 04-08-2012, 05:31 PM
aivanne
Intermediate

I have the same bike with the same mods. I had tons of popping at decel on the first couple of days and then I installed the quiet baffles and it's much much better now. pretty stoked on the PCV

Old 04-08-2012, 09:54 PM
LoFatBoy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by cpracing519
I had a basic map in my PCV for my pipes/AC set up. It popped on decel and had no top end. I finally decided to take my 1200 48 to the dyno shop and he totally re-mapped it. Best $200 I ever spent! Bike has tons of power from 1st all the way through 5th. Plus alot more top end and hardly any decel popping. Gained 7HP out of the motor. Went from semi-modded(stock motor, exotic choppers pipes, RSD air cleaner, PCV) with 74 Hp to after the dyno 81 Hp.
Here is the dyno sheet. Hope this helps you some.
Not to hijack this thread, but I just gotta say, it's nice to see someone else that has Exotic Chopper pipes. I love mine, and Paul is a great guy to work with

Quick Reply: Power Commander V Map