Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got it on!!! Richard Phillips Springer Seat Mounting Kit for F/I Sportsters

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 11:54 AM
1lowsporty
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look Awesome! Nice job!

Old 12-02-2009, 08:41 AM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

just pulled the trigger on one of these seat kits. i'll let ya know how i go about hiding the pcIII and the security module that also takes up residence in my fender tray. not sure yet what i'm gonna do with the fender struts, either chop them off or get a flat fender and mount that as close to the tire as i can get it without chopping the fender struts, we'll see once i get in there. i will also be putting struts from road6 on and a seat from ultima as well. pics forthcoming, thanks for the great design HD!

Last edited by bmxatv; 12-02-2009 at 08:44 AM.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:42 AM
RollTideRoll
Advanced
Received 42 Likes on 16 Posts

I also ordered the seat and matching passenger p pad. I think that I may be able to keep the fender tray on if I shave off all the tabs that stick up and hide the PCV in it and then use the passenger pad to hide it. May look like **** though so Im not sure.

Old 12-02-2009, 08:23 PM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by RollTideRoll
I also ordered the seat and matching passenger p pad. I think that I may be able to keep the fender tray on if I shave off all the tabs that stick up and hide the PCV in it and then use the passenger pad to hide it. May look like **** though so Im not sure.
as long as the pvssy pad is over it you shouldn't see it, it'll almost be like stock. post pics once you get it on.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:10 PM
RollTideRoll
Advanced

Originally Posted by bmxatv
as long as the pvssy pad is over it you shouldn't see it, it'll almost be like stock. post pics once you get it on.
Will do

Old 12-03-2009, 07:55 PM
RollTideRoll
Advanced

Well I installed the seat kit today but was unable to get the PCV to fit the way I wanted so I got pissed and pulled it off. Im going to call the dealer tomorrow and see about the stage 1 download and will be selling the PCV. Anyways I think that it looks pretty good. Here are a few pics.

Attached Thumbnails Got it on!!! Richard Phillips Springer Seat Mounting Kit for F/I Sportsters-020.jpg   Got it on!!! Richard Phillips Springer Seat Mounting Kit for F/I Sportsters-021.jpg   Got it on!!! Richard Phillips Springer Seat Mounting Kit for F/I Sportsters-025.jpg   Got it on!!! Richard Phillips Springer Seat Mounting Kit for F/I Sportsters-022.jpg  
Old 12-03-2009, 10:09 PM
TexasBikeBoy
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Why do I always see people saying a spring seat doesn't look right with shocks? I think it looks good personally. True it is not needed but if you ask me it is much nicer looking than the goofy looking stock seat. I myself don't want to ride rigid for a couple of reasons.. My back is screwed up.. and 2nd I like women too much to not be able to ride one on the back of my bike. Just my 2 cents, that's all I got..... I am broke now ..... no more money in my pocket.

Old 12-04-2009, 12:15 AM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member

the kit looks good. i'm gonna have a tough time gettin that thing to fit, i have the main wiring harness stuffed under the stock seat too. i'm determined to make it fit though. hd fvcked us royally on the 07-09.

Old 12-04-2009, 09:50 AM
sajackson
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasBikeBoy
Why do I always see people saying a spring seat doesn't look right with shocks? I think it looks good personally. True it is not needed but if you ask me it is much nicer looking than the goofy looking stock seat. I myself don't want to ride rigid for a couple of reasons.. My back is screwed up.. and 2nd I like women too much to not be able to ride one on the back of my bike. Just my 2 cents, that's all I got..... I am broke now ..... no more money in my pocket.
Yea Im with you...doesnt bother me a bit.

In fact, take a look at 1957 Sportster and they have rear shocks with a spring solo seat.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:23 PM
TexasBikeBoy
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

exactly, I guess in the end all that matters is what you like personally anyway. We ain't all gonna get agree on the same style not unless we become robots like the majority of society. I personally will never blend in anyway, not with all these tattoo's covering my body. As far as the seat I really dig it and I plan on doing one myself but waiting for a bit because looks like I am gonna have to ditch my pcIII and go with the race tuner. I haven't even done my stage 1 yet and I already am gonna end up getting rid of the damn thing. Just the way things go for me I guess. I did get a good deal for the pcIII so I guess I can sell it and make most of my money back and then put it toward the sert. Damn harley just had to make those things only work with one bike so that way you can't just take your bike up there and let them download it to your bike but you have to buy a race tuner as well.

Quick Reply: Got it on!!! Richard Phillips Springer Seat Mounting Kit for F/I Sportsters