Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wrecked the Iron

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 07:54 AM
fox4
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If there is frame damage they will more then likely total it or send it in to the MOCO for a new one with the same VIN. If there is frame damage they will not use the frame. Congrats on keeping your head and coming out alive. You are also a lucky man that the truck had insurance/didn't run away. That is happening a lot these days. Keep us posted.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:39 AM
Haulen Ass
Former Sponsor
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Damn. Glad to hear you didn't become Johnny statistic. Hopefully the bike situation ends up ok. They can build bikes every day... its harder to do the same with people.

So did the boss give ya a few personal days to relax and get things situated?

Old 07-20-2009, 12:02 PM
Punchsmack
Road Captain
Default same here

Originally Posted by midnight2005
I do not know why nobody has said this. I commend you on laying that bike down and going under the truck. Good thinking! You dodged the bullet there, lucky to be alive. Screw the bike, get down on your knees and thank god you are able to write this thread.
Everything else will work itself out.

once again, good job!
Yup, bikes come and go....you'll have money for a new one soon enough. You can't get a new body or brain. So be thankful.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:09 PM
dFREDb
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whether the fault lies with us or someone else, the important part is that we live to share our experience so that others might learn. God bless and prayers for a speedy recovery!

Old 07-20-2009, 12:35 PM
spuddogg
Cruiser

Hey brother glad to hear that you made it out ok. I love Texas man, but it seems like as soon a few drops of rain hit the roads, everyone forgets how to drive. Its hard to tell if they are gonna total the bike man. Like its been said, Insurance is gonna do just enough to not have you change companies. Have you thought about using what you can and chopping that bad boy up? If the frame is straight and the drivetrain is good, you are starting with a pretty good set up for a nice in house custom. Just a thought, I helped a guy rebuild his when he laid it down. His were for other reasons that we just wont go into but it turned out to be a pretty bad *** rig. Ride hard brother and Hopefully this counts for your "people who have and people who will" portion of riding.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:39 PM
brosnibean
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hoooodoggy, nice work on not dying...don't take any crap from the insurance co, they will do their best to screw you - medical bills and new gear are a must on top of the bike.....depending on who your insurance company is, they will sometimes help you in going after the idiot's insurance co....

did the cops charge her? it's clear whose fault it is, but her getting charged by the police takes all the guess work out of it and can alleviate some of the hoops insurance might make you jump through

again, nice work and glad you are still with us

Old 07-20-2009, 12:55 PM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yay for dumb kids in parents vehicles.

Glad your okay dude. Go to her insurance. If they don't help, go to your own and let your insurance take care of the bike.

Old 07-20-2009, 01:35 PM
doorsidedown
Road Captain

screw the ride, glad you're still here... someone will pay for it.

Old 07-20-2009, 01:49 PM
Sportsfan
4th Gear

Glad to hear you made it. Good move on layin' her down, that takes guts and quick thinking.

I lost a good friend a few weeks back when he went crossed the center line on a corner. It was his first ride on his new harley.

Ride safe.

Old 07-20-2009, 02:07 PM
GymRat523
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I laid down my 05 883 in 2005 at about the same speed, $4800 in damage but they fixed it, be prepared to wait 3 or 4 months for the gas tank replacement, glad you are ok.

Quick Reply: Wrecked the Iron