Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who me?! Are you serious??

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 07:14 PM
UPSBROWN
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who me?! Are you serious??

Well it all started out great. Some friends and I went on a 130mi. benefit poker run yesterday and all was good until I got back from the gas station to one of the bars and parked my bike. I went inside for not even two minutes to order some grub and I hear "Hey dude! You're the guy with the black helmet and black bike, right?" I said ummmm yeah, why? Then the fella told me some dude just backed in to my bike and knocked the damn thing over. At first, I thought he was joking, until I walked out the door and saw somebody picking it up off the ground. So then I'm pissed, I just put the grips and bars on Friday and now they're F*&#@$!!! I was asked if I wanted to work Saturday at the local HD shop and I told my buddy I was going on a ride instead. Wish I would've worked for them now. So what all happened to the bike? Well, from what I can see the left peg, left grip, bars are bent back and down. I have a nice dent in the friggin gas tank, my mirror is jacked, and both left side turn signals. And my clutch lever if bent to hell. Oh yeah and my helmet is garbage now because it was hanging off my mirror and probably that saved my bike from being damaged more. I'm also thinking my forks may be twisted a bit because my headlight is aiming to the right now also. I can't really tell. It's not loose and definitely wasn't like that before.

Anyways, thanks for letting me vent. I just can't believe the sh*t!!! 1 day of the bike looking the way I want it to be and it gets trashed. And I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get another helmet like the one I have because there are chips out of it, plus the weight of the bike landing on it...but I found that several hog shops have them left over. My rough estimate of the damage is $1,643.00. That's before taxes and labor charges. Which I'll probably do everything my self....again

Anyways, here are some pics...

Old 07-19-2009, 07:26 PM
eazyrider
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Been a rash of people getting their bikes backed into here lately.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:27 PM
crazytrain69
Road Captain

All i can say is that sucks! i'm just glad you were not on it when he hit it. I hope that idiot had insurance.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:27 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

At least the helmet finally served a purpose. That sucks!!

Old 07-19-2009, 07:31 PM
mreed
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Man that sucks! Your headlight is mounted on a "ball" so it probably just needs adjusted. If you hit it hard enough it'll move. Pop off the top cover & there's a nut you can loosen to straighten it out.

I hope things come out well in the end. Def. sucks now though.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:34 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Damn, that sucks. Gotta wonder though, why you would park a bike in the street like that, almost in the parking lot entrance. Looks like plenty of empty parking spots in the lot.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:41 PM
UPSBROWN
Tourer

Originally Posted by cHarley
Damn, that sucks. Gotta wonder though, why you would park a bike in the street like that, almost in the parking lot entrance. Looks like plenty of empty parking spots in the lot.

It was actually over quite a bit further than that out of the way, in an actual parking spot.
He was also pulled in the "exit" of the parking lot, then backed out the "exit." I was just following the road rules and didn't pull in the exit to park. The entrance was clear around the other side.

Also my pipes are scraped, so new pipes for me! Hmmm what should I get instead...

Old 07-19-2009, 07:51 PM
motordrum
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sucks. Hey! You flipped the mirrors! How do you like it?

Old 07-19-2009, 08:17 PM
PAsportster
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So they seen the bike when entering the "exit" ? what was the excuse for not seeing the bike when backing out of the "exit" ??

Old 07-20-2009, 07:06 AM
CapnAdventure
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too many people drive who shouldn't. Glad it was not on the road doing 60 mph. Anyway, it sucks big time.

Quick Reply: Who me?! Are you serious??