Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

differences in screaming eagle slip ons

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 01:44 AM
robjohnston
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default differences in screaming eagle slip ons

what are the differences in the screaming eagle slipons i am talking about sound/performance differences, i just got a pair and put them on and they do not sound loud at all almost like stock, i just took of some cycle shack slipons and they sounded great but i returned them because of cosmetic chrome flaws, please give me some feedback because i might as well put my stock slipons back on, how do i know if the baffles i have are removable? if the big city thunder baffles will give me the harley sound i am looking for i will go that route, thanks

Old 05-23-2006, 08:12 AM
Thumper26
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts
Default RE: differences in screaming eagle slip ons

There are two "Screaming Eagle" slip-on pipes. The "Screaming Eagle II" slip-ons are "race only" and will give you the Harley sound similar to the Cycle Shacks. The plain "Screaming Eagle" slip-ons are 49-state legal and sound almost just like stock. I suspect you DO NOT have the SE II's.

Thumper26

Old 05-23-2006, 03:01 PM
alexcue
Road Master

Like Thumper said, just look at the exhaust and see if it has the "II" right after the Screamin' Eagle logo. They are definitely louder than stock.

Otherwise you got the plain vanilla SE slip-ons.

Old 05-23-2006, 07:52 PM
ronn39
Road Master

ORIGINAL: robjohnston

<snip>... on, how do i know if the baffles i have are removable? if the big city thunder baffles will give me the harley sound i am looking for i will go that route, thanks
There are two bolts, on the side (toward the frame) and on the bottom at the back of the baffle, that holds it in there.

Old 05-23-2006, 09:22 PM
dg7080
Cruiser

I have a set of SE II slip-ons at my dealer I need to go pickup in the next day or so. From looking at the stock pipes, it should not be a big deal to swap them out. Any gotcha's or tips on swapping them out? Hopefully they'll have some installation doc with them...

Old 05-24-2006, 08:18 AM
JBBOOKS
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

They come with instructions. It's a 30 minute job, tops.

Old 05-24-2006, 04:48 PM
burnie
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Thumper26

There are two "Screaming Eagle" slip-on pipes. The "Screaming Eagle II" slip-ons are "race only" and will give you the Harley sound similar to the Cycle Shacks. The plain "Screaming Eagle" slip-ons are 49-state legal and sound almost just like stock. I suspect you DO NOT have the SE II's.

Thumper26
ditto. SE do not have a removable baffle and are quiet. The SE IIs sound great, and do have a removable baffle. Not that you need to remove the baffles.

Old 05-24-2006, 04:54 PM
burnie
Tourer

ORIGINAL: dg7080

I have a set of SE II slip-ons at my dealer I need to go pickup in the next day or so. From looking at the stock pipes, it should not be a big deal to swap them out. Any gotcha's or tips on swapping them out? Hopefully they'll have some installation doc with them...
its pretty much as it looks. Very easy. Only suggestion I would make is, if the stock are sticky and not wanting to come off, spray it with a little WD40. Some times you need to losen the header bolts so that you can move the headers just a tad to get the pipes free of the transfer bar. Also watch out for the wire gauze stuff in the transfer. Dont lose it or mess it up. Other than that, its pretty simple job. All the hardware on the bike will be all you need.

Old 05-25-2006, 01:34 AM
dg7080
Cruiser

Picked up the SE II's today and had them on in about 45 mins. Easy, just like yall said. And now my bike sounds like a Harley!

I bought the SE High Flow air filter kit too, but didnt want to tackle it just yet. It appears to be a bit more involved than swapping out the pipes.

Old 05-25-2006, 12:05 PM
mpaquette
Road Master
Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

Where does one find Screamin' Eagle parts online to look at? I looked at my local HD dealers website but see nothing about SE parts, only genuine HD parts. Thanks.

Quick Reply: differences in screaming eagle slip ons