Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want to stretch out on Nightster

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 12:32 PM
JGoodson
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BiggDogg
you think your bunched up? I'm 6'4" and have mid controls hahaha
ha ha i feel for ya

Old 07-13-2009, 01:01 PM
nevets61
Road Master
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

I've seen 2" extention kits in catalogs. Built my own 5" extensions for the forwards, someone else on her had a thread about the ones he was making and trying to sell. If you interested shoot me an IM with your email and I"ll send you my drawings and how I made mine, if your handy you can make them too. Or find someone to fabricate them for you from my plans. Be glad to offer them to you, keep in mind the 5" extension won't work with stock pipes. Front header too close, I have V&H short shots which gave me plenty of room to extend.

Old 07-13-2009, 01:27 PM
Charles:
Tourer

I'm right at 6ft and actually don't like forward controls. My Roadster has them and my old Nightster had mids. I preferred the mids...by far!

As for the extensions, there was a member on here that fabbed up a few. Search "forward control extensions", and see what comes up

Old 07-13-2009, 01:45 PM
JGoodson
Novice

Originally Posted by nevets61
I've seen 2" extention kits in catalogs. Built my own 5" extensions for the forwards, someone else on her had a thread about the ones he was making and trying to sell. If you interested shoot me an IM with your email and I"ll send you my drawings and how I made mine, if your handy you can make them too. Or find someone to fabricate them for you from my plans. Be glad to offer them to you, keep in mind the 5" extension won't work with stock pipes. Front header too close, I have V&H short shots which gave me plenty of room to extend.
you have pm

Old 07-13-2009, 01:46 PM
JGoodson
Novice

Originally Posted by Charles:
I'm right at 6ft and actually don't like forward controls. My Roadster has them and my old Nightster had mids. I preferred the mids...by far!

As for the extensions, there was a member on here that fabbed up a few. Search "forward control extensions", and see what comes up
Thank you ill search for it and see what comes up

Old 07-13-2009, 02:03 PM
TheLaw
Tourer

Originally Posted by nevets61

PM sent....thanks.

The LAW

Old 07-13-2009, 02:07 PM
JGoodson
Novice

Dang i got thread jacked

Old 07-13-2009, 10:52 PM
sajackson
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JGoodson
I like that now remember where you got it and how much? Also does it come in black
I got mine from Dennis Kirk. I used another site to get a lower price and Dennis Kirk matched it.

Yes it comes in black powder coat...here is a link to one website with a lower than msrp price. I paid $225.00 for mine. Look around you might be able to find it cheaper.

http://www.realhog.com/detail.cfm?Ca...m_medium=na&ut

PS: Sorry took so long to respond but I had to go to work and just got home

Old 07-13-2009, 11:45 PM
DPFhd883
Tourer

Had the same prob on my 883C. Got the Rallyrunner seat which is great.

Old 07-13-2009, 11:47 PM
SgtMic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

I put a Lindy knockoff with pegs on my 1200c. It helps. The only drawback is the bar is a little too close to the shifter and I try to shift the highway bar at times. LOL

Quick Reply: Want to stretch out on Nightster