Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Show off your 1200 Low Pictures.

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 04:21 PM
Razorback Rob
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LoneStarSkater
Yeah Wide-Glides, put them on myself. Didn't have to change the cables just a little rerouting.
Holy crap! You didn't have to buy new cables? Thats the biggest expense of a handlebar swap. Plenty of cable then? What kind of re-routing?

Old 06-30-2009, 04:35 PM
LoneStarSkater
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Razorback Rob
Holy crap! You didn't have to buy new cables? Thats the biggest expense of a handlebar swap. Plenty of cable then? What kind of re-routing?
Yeah, I was going to buy the bars first, then the cables, then pay for the labor. Bought the bars and starting looking at the cables on the bike and thought man... I can do this. You'll have to reroute the cables going through the triple trees/ forks and reroute them around the outside of the forks. You'll also need to lift the tank and move a couple of cables around (can't quite remember which ones but you'll know when you see them). You'll also need to disconnect the brake line from the bracket on the forks and bend the metal part of the brake line. I'm not much of a gear head so If I can do it anyone can!!!

Old 06-30-2009, 09:49 PM
Razorback Rob
Road Captain

Originally Posted by LoneStarSkater
Yeah, I was going to buy the bars first, then the cables, then pay for the labor. Bought the bars and starting looking at the cables on the bike and thought man... I can do this. You'll have to reroute the cables going through the triple trees/ forks and reroute them around the outside of the forks. You'll also need to lift the tank and move a couple of cables around (can't quite remember which ones but you'll know when you see them). You'll also need to disconnect the brake line from the bracket on the forks and bend the metal part of the brake line. I'm not much of a gear head so If I can do it anyone can!!!
Wont matter. I'll have to buy new cables. All my stuff got stolen out of my shed. I had a box with all my moto stuff in it. I guess they took it just to be taking it.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:47 PM
LoneStarSkater
Cruiser

Hate to hear that brutha... as they guys from Dethklok would say "those f-n ****** should be knifed!"

Old 07-02-2009, 07:21 PM
rebelnc
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Somewhere on a Montgomery County Rd. not so far from *** H-D in Asheboro. Pisgah Covered Bridge isn't too far from this spot.

Attached Thumbnails Show off your 1200 Low Pictures.-roadtrip-11mar09-040.jpg  
Old 07-02-2009, 08:11 PM
Razorback Rob
Road Captain

Originally Posted by rebelnc
Somewhere on a Montgomery County Rd. not so far from *** H-D in Asheboro. Pisgah Covered Bridge isn't too far from this spot.
Looks good dude. I was at the HD shop today and they had a Low on the floor. It a low-profile windshield on it. It looked pretty good. I'm not ordinarily a windshield fan but I liked the looks of that one. I love the two toned bikes.

Old 07-03-2009, 12:32 PM
willw
Cruiser

Just put on the new V&H Double Barrels.

Attached Thumbnails Show off your 1200 Low Pictures.-007.jpg  
Old 07-03-2009, 03:02 PM
Razorback Rob
Road Captain

Originally Posted by willw
Just put on the new V&H Double Barrels.
I love the way those look. How do they sound. They are the q-series right? Compared to stock HD exhaust and compared to Screaming Eagle exhaust how loud are they?

Old 07-03-2009, 11:29 PM
willw
Cruiser

Louder and deeper sounding than both to my ears. I was thinking of Side Shots till I heard them and I ride two up at times and didn't want the wife complaining about the loudness. Check them out on V&H web site. Bought them from North Coast Cycles on ebay. Think I paid 215.00 shipped. Bought the S.E. Starge 1 Air Cleaner also and I'm waiting to put that on after I save up for the Fuel Pak. I may add the H.D. Compact Windshield in the future also.

Last edited by willw; 07-03-2009 at 11:33 PM.
Old 07-04-2009, 08:28 PM
Blackcherry Low
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2007 XL1200 Low, Blackcherry with ghost flames, HD hard bags and Hoppe Industries fairing.

Attached Thumbnails Show off your 1200 Low Pictures.-imgp3343.jpg  

Quick Reply: Show off your 1200 Low Pictures.