Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Nightmare Continues

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009 | 12:36 PM
soup
|
Road Captain
Default My Nightmare Continues

So, I never made it to Laconia, right now I'm sitting in my brothers house in North Jersey after limping back from Ct. This trip was doomed from the beginning,first it poured from Pa to North Jersey, the bike broke down on the Jersey turnpike ( exhaust nuts backed out) $175.00 tow to dealer, $68.00 to replace two nuts. Ok back on the road. Go about 50 miles bike starts to knock and pop again ( stuck in traffic jam on GWB) bike shuts down, call for 2nd tow, I'm on a restricted road they won't come get me. So I limp the bike to 178 and Broadway, Harlem. Wait 2 hrs for a tow, $100.00 take bike to Bergen County HD, initial diagnosis, bike is overheating and going to one cylinder. Put on Dyno for 2 hrs and install SE race tuner $900.00. Back on road, make it to CT. get stuck in traffic jam, bike starts overheating again, shuts down. Sit on side of the road for 1 hr to let bike cool down, nurse it back to my brothers house. Make some phone calls to try and figure out problem. I am now being told it may be a bad ECM. So I'm once again waiting for the dealer to open up and try to figure out why I can't seem to take this bike anywhere. At this point I am now seriously entertaining the idea of getting rid of her. I am 200 miles from home. My credit card has been maxed out, I got about 500 in cash on me. Oh yeah not to mention the other credit card that I lost somewhere. I'm posting this from my brothers computer and trying to decide if I should just blow the bike up. See you guys when I get home.

Old 06-13-2009 | 12:52 PM
killer scott
Road Warrior

Goddamn! Madusa is a bitch! I hate to keep hearing this stuff about your bike man. You have some bad luck. I would definately go back to who dyno tuned that and try and get some money back, as obviously it wasn't the problem. She's a beautiful bike, but she might be cursed! Whatever you do, good luck and keep us posted.

Old 06-13-2009 | 12:55 PM
Gpsjr10
Outstanding HDF Member

I would be calling it a lemon.... been to the dealer many times for the same problem and still not fixed... I would consider getting an attorney. I think HD or someone owes you a lot of money back... If this was my bike, my wife would have had them deliver a brand new bike to me and pay for all the crap you have been through....

Last edited by Gpsjr10; 06-13-2009 at 12:58 PM.
Old 06-13-2009 | 12:58 PM
motordrum
Road Warrior

I'd get rid of that cursed bitch! I know you'd hate to see her go, but that snake-haired hussy is giving you nothing but $$$$hit.

Last edited by motordrum; 06-13-2009 at 01:03 PM.
Old 06-13-2009 | 01:03 PM
RATROD HOG
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by motordrum
I'd get rid of that cursed bitch! I know you'd hate to see her go, but that snake-haired hussy is giving you nothing but $$$$hit.
+1 on that

Old 06-13-2009 | 01:16 PM
soup
|
Road Captain

Ok just got back from Bergen County HD, they finally heard the problem. The motor is shot. Initial diagnosis is the oild pump keeps shutting down causing the lifters to collapse, which has now done untold damage to the engine. These guys were more than helpful and patient. Printed out all the specs from the diagnostics that they put her on.They Called my local dealer and spoke with the service manager. And simply stated that the bike is beyond repair, it is not safe, nor is it rideable, they are now saying the the only option is a complete engine and oil pump replacement. My dealer is sending someone to pick the bike up and get it back home and supplying a loaner to me. I spoke with the owner of my dealership and informed her that nothing else is acceptable to me. Of course by this time I was slightly calmer than I was yesterday, yesterday I was foaming at the mouth, and ranting raving and completely pissed off beyond belief. I'm done being a nice guy with these people Five times for the same problem. They kept saying it was all my imagination. Guess not. Now they will do things on my terms or I will sue their ***** off.

Old 06-13-2009 | 01:18 PM
ord sgt
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Could be an omen, that you shouldn't go to Laconia. Something very, very bad could have happened there. Jus' sayin'

Old 06-13-2009 | 02:41 PM
Somethinglike7
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ord sgt
Could be an omen, that you shouldn't go to Laconia. Something very, very bad could have happened there. Jus' sayin'
+1 good luck soup

Old 06-13-2009 | 02:41 PM
killer scott
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by soup7562
Ok just got back from Bergen County HD, they finally heard the problem. The motor is shot. Initial diagnosis is the oild pump keeps shutting down causing the lifters to collapse, which has now done untold damage to the engine. These guys were more than helpful and patient. Printed out all the specs from the diagnostics that they put her on.They Called my local dealer and spoke with the service manager. And simply stated that the bike is beyond repair, it is not safe, nor is it rideable, they are now saying the the only option is a complete engine and oil pump replacement. My dealer is sending someone to pick the bike up and get it back home and supplying a loaner to me. I spoke with the owner of my dealership and informed her that nothing else is acceptable to me. Of course by this time I was slightly calmer than I was yesterday, yesterday I was foaming at the mouth, and ranting raving and completely pissed off beyond belief. I'm done being a nice guy with these people Five times for the same problem. They kept saying it was all my imagination. Guess not. Now they will do things on my terms or I will sue their ***** off.
That is the spirit! Get it done quick and forget it! THen never go back to the dealer at home for service. With all this documentation, they would have to be retarded to not just take it and make it right. GOod luck... maybe there is still hope for the dusa!

Old 06-13-2009 | 02:51 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor

I would be asking for entirely new bike, not just a new motor. Obviously honey catches more flies, but work it for all you can. As far as the exhaust nuts, a lot of people put two on each stud the second to hole the first one on to keep it from backing off. Just a thought for the future. Once again, I say entirely new bike. Call the Moco headquarters if you have to. Sorry for your bad luck.

Quick Reply: My Nightmare Continues