Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will I fit a sportster

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 11:47 AM
EriksXL1200C
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm 6'2" and pushin' 270lbs... I like the way I fit on my 1200C... The only thing that matters is if YOU'RE comfortable on YOUR bike... I have a buddy that's my size that has a Road King... Tried to tell me I was too big for a Sportster before I bought it... His Road King is really comfortable, but not near as much fun as the Sportster is to ride!!! Just my 2 cents...

Old 05-27-2009, 11:52 AM
BiggDogg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You'll fit. I'm 6'4" 205 lbs and I fit fine. even fit 2 up as well.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:46 PM
crashin
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm 6' 250 and I fit fine on my sporty.

Old 05-27-2009, 03:15 PM
WVHogRider
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by satanicmario
It's a standard with the solo seat. It looks identical to the one pictured here http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photo...dson-XL883.jpg

So does this mean I will look silly on my bike?
Well, that really depends on what your face looks like & whether you'll be covering it up with a FF helemt or not.

Your sizes, which are roughly my sizes, are fine for it. I may act silly on my bike, but I don't look silly it.

Old 05-27-2009, 04:11 PM
satanicmario
1st Gear

Yeah I figured the full face helmet would add to making the bike look smaller, which it does.

By researching the other harley motorcycles it's become clear to me that not even the softails including the fat boy would actually look to fit me better than a sportster does. Such as people that look to big for sportsters would look to big for fat boy's ect. It's like I'd have to get a Victory or something to get the look I want. Foreign bikes need not apply.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:20 PM
diablo666
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are worried about how you look on a bike you are buying it for the wrong reason or you have a complex of some type.If you buy a bike because you think you look good on it someone will think you don't anyhow.Also if you buy one because of that you won't own it very long.What you are going for will wear off fast.You either like to ride or you don't.If you do you don't care about anyone elses opinion.At least people riding a Harley don't maybe Victory bikers do.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:23 PM
satanicmario
1st Gear

That works for a one tracked mind. What about enjoying to ride but also part of the fun is knowing that you look good on it? Why does this concept escape people? Why not have both? Just wish I didn't have to take out a mortgage or something to accomplish this as it seems motorcycles are made for extremely short people.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:59 PM
diablo666
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If motorcycles were made longer and higher they would be so heavy it may be impossible to handle one.Bigger Harleys go 1000lbs or more.Also the bigger the bike the more engine it needs because of added weight.It is an engineering thing.That adds even more weight.If you wany a Victory buy one.I don't care.I have heard from several people the fit a finish looks cheap.That is back from when they first came out it may have changed.I have never seen one in person.One track mind?Maybe but I didn't need to ask for an opinion on what bike to buy.If you want to look good on a Harley buy a Road King or a Glide.If you can't afford it like me and don't want a Sportster buy a Victory or a Jap bike.

Old 05-27-2009, 06:05 PM
crashin
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by satanicmario
That works for a one tracked mind. What about enjoying to ride but also part of the fun is knowing that you look good on it? Why does this concept escape people? Why not have both? Just wish I didn't have to take out a mortgage or something to accomplish this as it seems motorcycles are made for extremely short people.

One of the nice things about Harley's is that there is an accessory for everything.

You aren't that different from all the rest of us who have already stated that you'll be fine on a Sportster. The main thing is to get it setup for you. Handle bars and forward controls or whatever makes you comfy.

I liked the mid control and run with highway pegs only.

I don't know that the full face helmet makes me look any smaller. In fact I have a pretty small head so it probably makes me look bigger.

Old 05-27-2009, 06:50 PM
satanicmario
1st Gear

I didn't ask what bike to buy. I asked if my stature was a commonly acceptable one for a sportster and if not, what mods could be done to make a good fit. Victory's bikes are $13,000 starting so that's out of the question for now. I also would prefer a Harley over the history/heritage of it, which also rules out jap bikes.

I was thinking of the possibility of getting handle bars put onto a sportster. If this were done, could the speedometer and indicator lights be raised as well with the handle bars? I kinda don't like how the base of the handle bars are level with the tank, and I'd imagine raising the handle bars would do well in making the bike appear somewhat more fitting. I like the stock handle bars on the model so I'd hope to be able to keep those, just raise them a few inches if this is possible.

Quick Reply: Will I fit a sportster