Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Raced a sportster yesterday(a nightster)

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 06:08 PM
Slackster
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh man!!! The story was getting good too! I wish there would of been a dramatic race. I know for sure that Train would definately pull away with greater power than the nightster. However...It wouldn't of mattered, Because by the way these winding mounting roads sound; I believe that it all would of been down to who had the most ***** on taking on these challenging roads. In theory you'd figure it would go to the Nightster for the curves, but I guess he must have left his ***** at home.

By the way I love Big Twins too, and when I grow up I wanna get a Cross Bones.

Old 05-14-2009, 06:12 PM
motordrum
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I raced a Buick Century today and smoked it! But really, what's the deal with these dudes with a, lets say, a Civic or an Eclipse with a fart can and a 3 foot spoiler on the back, and all the sudden they think they got some kind of Euro-racer, and want to race everything off the light? I also pulled up next to a guy on a V-Star. He was flippin' the throttle and lookin' over like he wanted to run 'em at green. I thought it was funny at first. Until the light went green and he stalled it out, then It was just sad...

Last edited by motordrum; 05-14-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:05 PM
Mark g
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kahaone

I seem to remember a certain guy last year, who would have fought to the death stating that a Sportster (Nightster) was the best thing since sliced bread. And was practically the quickest thing on 2 wheels.

But I can't remember that guys name???
Hmm, wonder who that was, I was getting my *** handed to me from day 1 on my nightster, by a bud with his wide glide. I might have said a stock big twin wouldn't stand a chance, but then again not many have stock bikes.

Old 05-14-2009, 09:15 PM
Mark g
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Slackster
Oh man!!! The story was getting good too! I wish there would of been a dramatic race. I know for sure that Train would definately pull away with greater power than the nightster. However...It wouldn't of mattered, Because by the way these winding mounting roads sound; I believe that it all would of been down to who had the most ***** on taking on these challenging roads. In theory you'd figure it would go to the Nightster for the curves, but I guess he must have left his ***** at home.

By the way I love Big Twins too, and when I grow up I wanna get a Cross Bones.
Well I was hoping for a good race too. When we got to the stop sign, that was the start of one of the only straight roads in the area. about a mile or so straight run. I was looking forward to it as I really want to see how they stacked up. He at least had pipes, stock ham can, but I'd assume it was stage 1 complete.

I believe he had a better shot at me straight line over the twisties. the nightster is low and it doesn't lean that good. My train is stock hieght which provides real good ground clearence, I can definatly run her harder in the turns.

Old 05-14-2009, 09:16 PM
Mark g
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by motordrum
Well, I raced a Buick Century today and smoked it! But really, what's the deal with these dudes with a, lets say, a Civic or an Eclipse with a fart can and a 3 foot spoiler on the back, and all the sudden they think they got some kind of Euro-racer, and want to race everything off the light? I also pulled up next to a guy on a V-Star. He was flippin' the throttle and lookin' over like he wanted to run 'em at green. I thought it was funny at first. Until the light went green and he stalled it out, then It was just sad...
I love the fart can guys!LOL they are like little play toys!

Old 05-14-2009, 09:18 PM
Billie
Cruiser

So how does it feel beating up on a STOCK nightster??????

Old 05-14-2009, 09:23 PM
Mark g
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by xFreebirdx

Sounds like yuh had fun.

I put a hurting on a Nightster about a month ago. I let him do the nod to start us off too. I think what really hurt his feelings is my front tire wasn't fully planted when I left him. He was a focking tool anyways. All he did was talk trash to all my buddies on BT's and I. Talking stupid trash like if it wasn't for the V-rod "HE" would have the fastest bike Harley ever made. etc.. He actually started bashing my 883? I didn't say a word about the 1250 nor did my buddies. We figured the silver jugs that stick out like a sore thumb would of caught his eye. LOL

[IMG][/IMG]

He was exactly that kinda d!ckhead.

Old 05-14-2009, 09:28 PM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Billie
So how does it feel beating up on a STOCK nightster??????
Me or Mark?
Not so much the Nightster but slapping any mouthy **** on any bike feels real good.

I bet mark feels the same too.

Old 05-14-2009, 09:37 PM
Mark g
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by xFreebirdx
Me or Mark?
Not so much the Nightster but slapping any mouthy **** on any bike feels real good.

I bet mark feels the same too.
+1 The Azzhole asked for it. I wasn't looking for it. I was having plenty of fun playin with my actual friend on his kawi.

the nightster had black V&H shorts, I'm betting stage 1 A/C as well

Attached Thumbnails Raced a sportster yesterday(a nightster)-2009_0513bike0001.jpg  

Last edited by Mark g; 05-14-2009 at 09:39 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:21 AM
georgiabiker
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder how a Sportster with a NRHS 90" kit would hang with big twins?

Quick Reply: Raced a sportster yesterday(a nightster)