Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowest Profile Seat???

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 05:26 AM
imageauto
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowest Profile Seat???

Im looking to get a really nice low profile seat for my 02 Sporty 1200. It needs to be a 2-up style and the only one I came across that I like so far is the Danny Gray Short Hop style seat (If anyone has any pictures of this seat on a sporty I would love to see some pics). But if there is another seat out there that looks as good as this one or better I would like to hear from you because I know i havent looked at all of them, thanks.

Old 05-14-2009, 06:08 AM
Whistle Dick
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default seat

I put on a LePera King Cobra 2 seasons ago (I am in Minnesota so you have to remember we can only ride 7 months out of the year so we have riding seasons) and I really dig this seat. My wife rides on back occasionally so I installed a detachable backrest and the mini low profile pad. The seat is very sleek and low yet much more comfortable then the stock Harley seat. You can sometimes find them on Ebay I bought mine from Dennis Kirk.

Here's a picture of the seat on my 2000 Custom without the backrest. Good luck!

Attached Thumbnails Lowest Profile Seat???-dscn4699.jpg   Lowest Profile Seat???-dscn4707.jpg  
Old 05-14-2009, 08:24 AM
PHAT A$$
Tourer

Originally Posted by imageauto
Im looking to get a really nice low profile seat for my 02 Sporty 1200. It needs to be a 2-up style and the only one I came across that I like so far is the Danny Gray Short Hop style seat (If anyone has any pictures of this seat on a sporty I would love to see some pics). But if there is another seat out there that looks as good as this one or better I would like to hear from you because I know i havent looked at all of them, thanks.
I was looking at solo seats and Danny Gray were nice... The other one I came across was C&C... They had some niiicccce seats and weren't crazy expensive.

they had good looking 2-up seats as well.

Jason

Old 05-14-2009, 09:07 AM
fixedmlc
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a badlander seat that is pretty low profile, not sure if it's low enough for what you're looking for, but you may want to check one out...

Old 05-14-2009, 10:48 AM
WVICEMAN
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to the Mean City Cycles web site below and give it a look. They can lower your seat and make it very comfortable at a third of what it will cost you for a new seat.

http://www.meancitycycles.com/

Old 05-15-2009, 03:32 AM
imageauto
Stage III

I logged onto the C&C website and those are some very nice looking seats they are going to send me some more pics of the lowpro 2 up seat so I can decide. I still havent been able to find any pictures of the Danny Gray at all so if someone has one of those I would really appreciate it. Thanks for all your replies your helping me out a bunch!

Old 05-15-2009, 12:59 PM
PHAT A$$
Tourer

I logged onto the C&C website and those are some very nice looking seats they are going to send me some more pics of the lowpro 2 up seat so I can decide. I still havent been able to find any pictures of the Danny Gray at all so if someone has one of those I would really appreciate it. Thanks for all your replies your helping me out a bunch!
Have you looked for the Danny Gray seats on ebay? I know I saw solo DG's on there.

I want the lowpro solo w/gel insert! They are some good looking seats but, I found the LePera from a guy that just bought it and sold his bike, got it for $75. That damn craigslist!

Jason

Old 05-16-2009, 05:29 AM
imageauto
Stage III

Yeah I know I love craigslist I have found ALOT of good deals on there and im looking there too.

Old 05-16-2009, 02:05 PM
TheLaw
Tourer

LePera BareBones IS the lowest profile seat on the market. The Wife has one on her bike and loves it.........highly recommended.

The LAW