Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fork bag / tool bag

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009 | 10:42 AM
HDUltraRider
Banned

I can answer almost all of you needs see below:

http://shop.techncyclegear.com/categ...?categoryId=13 - Check out the eyeride sets with the interchangeable lens gives you three great pair of glasses in one.

http://shop.techncyclegear.com/produ...&productId=176 - Great solution for a helmet lock.

As far as your first request I don't have any tool bags in stock but I can get you anything in the attached Catalog http://www.motovan.com/common/cat/20...009nhj_en.html check out section 6 and let me know if there is anything you want a price on and as always don't forget 10% discount for all HDF memebers and free shipping for all order $100 and up.

FYI - Anyone interested in anything in the NHJ catalog I can special order anything you want just PM me for a price.

Old 05-12-2009 | 11:09 AM
mbwannabe1
Tourer

The bag shouldnt be anywhere within 6" of the fender. Stay with a small bag, and make sure the fender wont come up to meet the bag when the forks are fully compressed. Potholes and unexpected speedbumps move the shocks up a lot farther than you may think. A guy in my club had his bag secured to the lower tree, and dented his fender before the bike was 6 months old.

Old 05-12-2009 | 11:18 AM
PHAT A$$
Tourer

Originally Posted by mbwannabe1
The bag shouldnt be anywhere within 6" of the fender. Stay with a small bag, and make sure the fender wont come up to meet the bag when the forks are fully compressed. Potholes and unexpected speedbumps move the shocks up a lot farther than you may think. A guy in my club had his bag secured to the lower tree, and dented his fender before the bike was 6 months old.
Man... I hit a big *** bump the other day unexpectdly and that MF'r literally almost bucked me off! I don't know if the bike caught air but I know my a$$ must have come 1 foot off the seat. I still don't know how my feet landed back on the pegs.

Scary as chit!

Jason

Old 05-12-2009 | 12:56 PM
karaokeman
Road Captain

Get a bag with either a zipper or snaps --I have one with the buckles and the wind just gets in there and blows everything around

Old 05-12-2009 | 01:05 PM
Hitechluddite
Road Warrior

I need to look into one of these too. I had one on my Ironhead back in the day, I just got some Velcro Straps and looped them around the bag and behind the lowers. Worked really well and I'm tired of diggeing thru my saddlebag to get my airgauge out....

P.S. ripto, Is that a stock HD Front signal relocation setup or did you fabricate that?

Old 05-12-2009 | 03:00 PM
congo_usmc
Tourer

the ones from harley are only like $20

Old 05-12-2009 | 04:52 PM
ripto
|
Road Master

Thanks for the info guys. Still taking a look a few and I want to be sure they don't touch the fender.

Originally Posted by Hitechluddite
I need to look into one of these too. I had one on my Ironhead back in the day, I just got some Velcro Straps and looped them around the bag and behind the lowers. Worked really well and I'm tired of diggeing thru my saddlebag to get my airgauge out....

P.S. ripto, Is that a stock HD Front signal relocation setup or did you fabricate that?
It was like that when I bought the bike last June. As far as I know thats the stock setup on my year, '02.

Old 05-12-2009 | 06:02 PM
zetaseven
Advanced

I put mine on the bottom of the triple tree, my forks are lowered 2'' and the bag has never hit the fender.

Old 05-12-2009 | 06:25 PM
Micheletti
Advanced

Mount the bag on the front of the frame towards the bottom!!!!!!!!

Old 05-12-2009 | 06:38 PM
killer scott
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Micheletti
Mount the bag on the front of the frame towards the bottom!!!!!!!!
It would get dominated in the rain, mud, and dirt. That area of my bike is often caked.

Quick Reply: Fork bag / tool bag