Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can 2 people fit on a NIGHTSTER?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 02:36 PM
Austen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

thats a sweet side car!!!

Old 05-10-2009, 10:38 PM
nighty18b
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ALL -
Thanks for the input. I have pegs and a badlander seat. I know it might not be comfortable, but im gonna tighten the shocks and try it out. im 5'11" 185, my girlfriend is 5"3" 115. Ill report back on how it goes haha. Thanks for the help. ill try and figure out how to post pictures too.

joe

Old 05-16-2009, 03:02 PM
prez25a
1st Gear
Default sissy bar

i dont know where some people come up with stuff but yes you can ride two up with the nightster and no u will not bottom out on every bump. actually i have never bottomed out riding two up and ive even went across railroad track and my stock suspension is at a softer setting and me and my wife are not lightweights. you will need a sissy bar or she will feel like she is gonna fly off on every bump.

SSG US ARMY
09 Nightster (black and orange) drag bars w/ willie g grips, v&h shorties, se stage 1, v&h fuelpak, forward controls,

Old 05-17-2009, 11:06 AM
Blathian
Advanced

just got an 08 nightster, and i too am in the 2-up option hunt. GF is dieing to get on it! My biggest concern if changing the seats out back and forth, dont want tit to be a pain or SCRATCH the rear fender. Any issues? Also i cant see where to put the passanger pegs on one side. Is there a specific peg?
thanks in advance!

Old 05-17-2009, 12:09 PM
scotty-j
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

as long as you two are not this big you'll be fine

Old 05-17-2009, 03:05 PM
DanDeuce
Road Captain

I remember the days ( a thousand years ago ) of riding 2-up on anything with buddy pegs and a standard seat , 90cc , 250's , whatever , was always a blast ! Not lots of power in some cases but always great fun . Can see no reason why a 883 Sporty would not handle half day or even more extended trips , maybe not as comfy as a bagger or a Big-Twin , who cares ? If I had a Sporty , I would not hesitate to haul a passenger within its weight limits - no real fat chicks !!!

Old 05-17-2009, 04:02 PM
killer scott
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by prez25a
i dont know where some people come up with stuff but yes you can ride two up with the nightster and no u will not bottom out on every bump. actually i have never bottomed out riding two up and ive even went across railroad track and my stock suspension is at a softer setting and me and my wife are not lightweights. you will need a sissy bar or she will feel like she is gonna fly off on every bump.

SSG US ARMY
09 Nightster (black and orange) drag bars w/ willie g grips, v&h shorties, se stage 1, v&h fuelpak, forward controls,
Well ****... A 120 LB girl and I'm right there at the limit... Im 6'4" 270 ish. My ex-girlfriend and I really did bottom out at every bump, and I'll bottom it out by myself on almost every ride... Gotta get those progressives.

Last edited by killer scott; 05-17-2009 at 04:04 PM.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:10 PM
prez25a
1st Gear
Default 2 up

i plan on getting the progressive 412 HD probaly in 11.5" because i would like a smoother ride and from what i read they seem pretty decent. I have the badlander seat for 2 up riding and i like to switch back to my solo. GET SOMETHING TO PROTECT YOUR FENDER. I switched back to my solo after lugging the wife around and i had little scratches in the fender from the plastic pieces on the bottom of the seat. also the foot pegs are the same on both sides, you will see the little thread hole for them, they may have a little black plastic cap covering them. also on the exhaust side it was a little hard for me to get to the bottom screw because of the exhaust but i put it in as tight as possible and used lock tite

Old 05-19-2009, 11:51 PM
Blathian
Advanced

what do you suggest to protect the fender from scratches?

Old 05-20-2009, 11:08 PM
prez25a
1st Gear
Default protecting the fender

i plan to just get some rubber sheets or something like that from the hardware store to put under it. Unfortantely me and my bike are seperated right now. its back in Texas and im stationed at schofied barracks in hawaii but will be pcs's in early june and then we will be back together again (oh yeah i'll back with my wife and kids too. j/k) but we are going to run up to the ROT rally in austin, tx anyone else plan on going there, this will be my first rally

Quick Reply: Can 2 people fit on a NIGHTSTER?