Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can 2 people fit on a NIGHTSTER?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 12:11 PM
WVHogRider
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Scout
NO. It's lowered, front and rear. This bike already has bottom out problems with a solo rider. Two up, only if you both weigh nothing.

Whys spend all the money to upgrade pegs, seat, suspension on a bike that you paid for to be a lowered solo bike?
WOW. What a great response/advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT!!! Well, I guess you or any other bagger rider never bought any add-on/aftermarket do-dads to tweak your scoot to suit your needs/likes such as a new seat/suspension/boards/radio/walkie-talkie/GPS/espresso maker/etc. I guess all of us that have lowered sporties or rigid customs will have to tell our OLs/GFs that they can no longer ride with us.

Old 05-08-2009, 12:19 PM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 708 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by WVHogRider
WOW. What a great response/advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT!!! Well, I guess you or any other bagger rider never bought any add-on/aftermarket do-dads to tweak your scoot to suit your needs/likes such as a new seat/suspension/boards/radio/walkie-talkie/GPS/espresso maker/etc. I guess all of us that have lowered sporties or rigid customs will have to tell our OLs/GFs that they can no longer ride with us.
Sorry I offend????

I know the bike well, sold Harleys at two dealers, and my answer is still no. That is not a good bike for two up. It will bottom out, won't be safe, or comfortable. Is it possible, yes, just like the complete families on scooters in other countries, but I wouldn't do it.

P.S. Why so insecure that you have to insult my current ride in the pic? Just because I have a bagger there you don't see the other 40 years of all other bikes I've had.

Old 05-08-2009, 12:23 PM
will227457
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I say no, the nightster needs to many upgrades to be an acceptable 2 up bike

is it possible yes, do people do it yes......

Old 05-08-2009, 12:33 PM
PHAT A$$
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry I offend????

I know the bike well, sold Harleys at two dealers, and my answer is still no. That is not a good bike for two up. It will bottom out, won't be safe, or comfortable. Is it possible, yes, just like the complete families on scooters in other countries, but I wouldn't do it.

P.S. Why so insecure that you have to insult my current ride in the pic? Just because I have a bagger there you don't see the other 40 years of all other bikes I've had.
I'm not trying to start any crap but, that chit sounds like a sales pitch to me!

I don't think WVhogrider was offended, he was just razzin' ya a little... Sporty's are girls bikes and baggers are for old guys that want every ammenity of a car on their bike!

I can see it's a small bike and although I wouldn't buy one specifically for 2-up riding but, I can't imagime why you can't tool around town and on some rides with 2 people on a sporty.

Just my .02
Jason

Old 05-08-2009, 12:46 PM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by PHAT A$$
I'm not trying to start any crap but, that chit sounds like a sales pitch to me!

Jason
I guess I didn't read the intonation of the post, sorry....I shouldn't be so serious.....

Jason, it's not a sales pitch.... I love Sportsters, always have said that. But the Nightster was not made for two up. I weight 180, and I bottom out on it over tracks. Love the look, but compared to a XL it's a much firmer ride, and in my experiance when riding it in a corner, on a bumpy road the bike hits hard. I wouldn't want to have 300 lbs on that particular model if I had to panic stop.

I also think that if you want the GF to be a happy pillion, that bike will not be the one.

Last edited by Scout; 05-08-2009 at 12:52 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:01 PM
WVHogRider
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry I offend????

No, you didn't offend me.

If you read the OP:
does anyone have any photos of 2 people on a nightster? does it work? does it look funny? is the nightster too small for a passenger? please let me know if you guys take passengers on sportster models. i looked online but didnt see photos of 2 people on a sportster. thanks.

(I just bought a badlander seat and would like to take my girlfriend out on it, i want to make sure its A) safe, and B) not stupid looking)
I felt & still feel that you gave bad advise based on: The OP already has a Nightster...He bought a Badlander seat & was asking if it could be done, asking for pictures, if it looked funny, etc. You say NO.....Well all he has to do is throw a few do-dad mods on it to make it what he wants.....He can switch back & forth from the solo ride seat to the 2-up seat & simply get a better & possibly longer set of shocks that allow for adjustment between the solo/2-up ride.

I don't know where you got the "Why so insecure that you have to insult my current ride" thing at.........What the espresso maker comment? I said nothing about YOUR bike. Ya might want some thicker skin. The point was that he already has the bike so he might as well mod it to fit his needs/wants.....Hence my comment saying that bagger rider(s) must never buy any aftermarket parts to get there bike exactly how they want it. You have to admit that bagger riders buy more aftermarket do-dad crap than anyone. Just check the isles at the dealer for sporty stuff & then check the bagger isles. I got no hate for baggers, been trying to work a couple different deals, ( ones for a buddies dad's '9? Ultra & then a new '09 SG), but a sporty can do the 2-up thang too. And if I do get a bagger, it will be an addition to my sporty, as it ain't goin' no where. How 'bout we agree to disagree?

Last edited by WVHogRider; 05-08-2009 at 01:07 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:24 PM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member

Yep, you're right. I have had way too much coffee today

I just don't view Sporty's and Nightsters as the same. I'd double on a XL or custom in a minute.

As far as having a Sporty, and a bagger, that's my current goal.

Take care.

Joe

Old 05-08-2009, 02:37 PM
BiggDogg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And here we go, he called sporties "girls bikes"

Old 05-08-2009, 03:06 PM
PHAT A$$
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BiggDogg
And here we go, he called sporties "girls bikes"
NO!!! Don't start that, I was just saying.... LOL

Old 05-08-2009, 04:25 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

oh god.........

Quick Reply: Can 2 people fit on a NIGHTSTER?